Have you ever rented DVC points?

Kissarmy11

Original Poster
As I has posted before this will be our 15th visit to WDW. Can't wait! But maybe someone could help us? Would love to stay in a deluxe hotel (have never did this). Heard that it was possible to rent points from members to make it more affordable. Has anyone rented before? Where do I go? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Looking to celebrate 35th wedding anniversary.

bubster

As I has posted before this will be our 15th visit to WDW. Can't wait! But maybe someone could help us? Would love to stay in a deluxe hotel (have never did this). Heard that it was possible to rent points from members to make it more affordable. Has anyone rented before? Where do I go? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Looking to celebrate 35th wedding anniversary.

You could check out David's Disney Vacation Club Rentals. I have personally not used David's service but know it is very reputable. I am a DVC member and have rented privately from owners 3 times over the last 3 years. Even with the points we have it never seems to be enough.

I'm new here and am not sure what the policy is about mentioning other websites. Wouldn't want to get in trouble on the 1st post. LOL.

lostpro9het

I've used David's Vacation Club Rentals, DVC Rental Store and a private member on this board and all have been great experiences with great people. They all have their pros/cons but in the end you are getting a great deal on a great room inside the bubble.

Kissarmy11

Original Poster
Thank you to all! I appreciate your kindness. Seemed like a great opportunity just want to know if others thought so to.

Obi

rented through the dvc rental store. great service. no complaints. currently going through them again to rent points for our disneymoon. fiance would like to stay at akv.

slappy magoo

Quoting myself from a similar post:
I almost rented a few points from David's. I had a 6 night trip already booked using my own DVC points and renting a few direct from Disney, but wanted to make it a full 7 nights. I wrote him to ask him some questions one night and he replied answering all my questions by 10am the next day. As it turns out, paying cash for the room with a DVC discount was about the same for me than renting points from David's, one of those odd quirks and even he was surprised but confirmed the math. If I ever had to rent points, he'd be my first source, if only for the prompt customer service when I was just a potential customer.

Weather_Lady

We used David's for our upcoming visit (we've booked a 2-bedroom villa at the Wilderness Lodge for what amounts to 40% less than rack rate). However, I had requests in to both David's and the DVC Rental Store (neither could fulfill our request at 11 months, but they put me on their waiting lists and David's ended up getting a new member within a week who had the points we needed). Both companies were prompt, professional and very responsive, and although I've had to contact David's multiple times to ask questions (solely because of my "newb" status when it comes to renting), they've been unfailingly courteous and patient with me in all of our communications.

Philhar-Fanatic

We used David's on our trip last week. This was our 5th trip to Disney, but 1st time to rent points. We will NEVER stay any other way. Can't recommend David's service enough!!

Demeter Tess

We've rented three times now through various folks at the MouseOwners forums. I like going through individual owners because you can often obtain points at a lower price.

RevKjb

You could check out David's Disney Vacation Club Rentals. I have personally not used David's service but know it is very reputable. I am a DVC member and have rented privately from owners 3 times over the last 3 years. Even with the points we have it never seems to be enough.

I'm new here and am not sure what the policy is about mentioning other websites. Wouldn't want to get in trouble on the 1st post. LOL.

I'm not sure either about mentioning other sites, but I can tell you that Dave's has been EXTREMELY helpful to us in having non-DVC families joining us on our trips. AND at a VERY reasonable cost. Don't hesitate to contact them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom