Have to make dining reservations soon - need advice

Eric Graham

Your family may also enjoy the Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom. It's a buffet that's all about Winnie the Pooh and Friends. Who doesn't like Winnie The Pooh? Your kids can have the opportunity to dance with Tigger, Eeyore, Pooh etc. Also, the 1900s Park Fair is fun at the Grand Floridian is also fun. But, it doesnt open until April 10th. I believe reservations are open now for those dates. Also, Cape May at the Beach Club can be very fun for families at breakfast with the characters. Hope y'all have a fun trip! Also, if you have the Disney Card from Chase it enables you to have entrance into the character spot at Epcot:

Eric Graham

Thanks so much for your suggestions! Cape May is out because I have shellfish anaphylaxis and can't take the chance. The boys, even though they think they're 18, would probaby get a kick from Pooh and the Gang! Might have to apply for the Visa card, thanks for this hint as well!
Sure, glad to help.

Eric Graham

And If you get the Disney Visa, then you receive 0% for 6 months on all future trips when staying at a Disney property. And they also offer discounts through trips as well.

nickys

Premium Member
At AK, Flametree and Satuli Canteen are both QS. Satuli, in Pandora is great - tasty food and a quirky thematic presentation. Flametree is more traditional if the grandsons don’t want to try Satuli.

Epcot:
Three TS places to check out.
The boys would love the Space220 Lounge. You make reservations for that the same as other ADRs, and you can order off the lounge or main menu, without the fixed price. Not sure how many credits the main restaurant will take but I’m guessing 2 each, which is why I suggest the lounge.
Via Napoli with the huge pizza ovens if they like pizza.
Or Garden Grill for family style character dining, no buffet to contend with.

MK
For traditional food try Liberty Tree. Again it’s brought out to your table to share.

QS - Columbia Harbor House is my favourite.

DHS
If the boys are into Star Wars try Docking Bay. Otherwise Backlot Express is my go to.

MickeyLuv'r

Just a head's up: Space 220 Lounge is hard to get. Space 220 table service is a little easier, but still high in demand. If you want either, then book these as soon as you are eligible.

If you want to make an evening of it, Hoop de Doo might be fun. It is a dinner show, and very interactive. On top of that, you can have fun touring Fort Wilderness perhaps. The Tri-Cricle-D ranch is open until 5pm.

I highly suggest T-Rex. The food itself is fine, but not exciting for adults. They strongly cater to kids though, as long as the children are cool with dinos. (Some small children might be afraid of a large roaring dino.) The atmosphere is great fun. If you arrive early, there is a fossil search area where the boys can dig for fossils in the sand, and a dino-themed gift shop. It is located in Disney Springs, so again more of something to do on a non-park day.

One thing to keep in mind is that between the parks and the busy character meals, that can be a LOT of hectic stimulation if you try to do that every day. character meals are fun, but they are not relaxing or quiet. They are very busy between getting up to get your food, and trying to be available for characters and all the music and dancing. Everyone of all ages in our family likes some quieter meals at WDW, as a chance to just chill and eat.

Generally, it is easy/easiest to eat at your home resort, or in the case of CR, you should have a fairly easy time getting to any dining on the monorail loop. Most hotel QS have basics like pizza and burgers. so there is not a huge reason to take multiple buses just to visit another hotel food court. (One of the slightly more fun ones though is the one at Art of Animation.) It can be fun to take the monorail to Poly or GS for variety (and those are pretty easy if you get sick of CR's quick serve.) If you want a character breakfast, 'Ohana at Poly is one to consider. If you are staying at CR- and you plan to take an afternoon break- going all the way to the World showcase from CR takes a long time, especially if it happens to rain.

In the morning, time=$. We tend to just grab something at the food court of our hotel. If lunch will also be a QS in the park you are visiting, I suggest letting the boys choose. In HS, maybe the Start Wars areas or the Toy Story QS. In MK, options are somewhat limited. In Epcot, Connections is centrally located and pretty decent for American food, but the WS has many options based on which cuisine you enjoy. If you want a quiet spot and like Japanese food, try the Japan quick serve. For pizza try table serve at Via Napoli. If you want a character meal, consider the one in the Land, but the food isn't all that great. It is neat how it rotates though.

Ultimately, I suggest asking the boys what appeals to them, with some limits on location each day. (like choosing Epcot on your Epcot day.)

Eric Graham

If you end up going to TREX or Yak and Yeti, at Animal Kingdom, then you might consider joining Landry's Select Club. It's a fee based membership, but they end up giving you a gift card and you can basically get reservations within a few days just by calling. They also own a number of other restaurants.

MickeyLuv'r

Thanks so much for your suggestions! We're thinking about going to parks i the evenings so Hoop de Doo won't work. We will probably only do Tusker House for a character breakfast on our AK day or possibly Chef Mickeys before we leave for the airport on our last morning IF I can score a first seating. I'll ask the boys but I'm thinking they will prefer QS during the day so our TS will be late afternoon or early evening. T.Rex is a definite as our younger grandson, H., is a dino fanatic and our older grandson, A, likes them too. As long as there are chicken nuggets, H will be fine. A eats almost anything.
Chef Mickeys on your last morning sounds like a fun way to end your visit! Best wishes on getting that option. If that is your highest priority, I suggest booking that one first when your booking window opens.

Another easy tool these days is to use My Disney Experience to see the menus while you are in line for an attraction. That's often how we choose a QS if we change our minds/haven't picked something for lunch that day.

harryk

If want to try reservations for breakfast at Whispering Canyon - it can be a lot of fun for the boys. A quick boat ride over to the Wilderness Lodge from the Contemporary and can return to the Contemporary or directly to Magic Kingdom from the Lodge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom