Have a question, we are flying out of Midway...

momofnine

Hope someone can help. We are flying out of Midway, and we need to park our cars. Has anyone used one of the parking lots around Midway? Which one would you recommend? Thanks!

wendysue

Not sure where you live, but we take the bus from Rockford to O'Hare and Midway so that we can leave our car at the bus station....Is there bus service from where you live??

Upvote 0

stevehousse

2 years ago when we used Midway (they had the cheaper flights compared to the much closer ohare) we parked in the parking structures they have and had no problem at all. There are shuttle busses that stop by every few minutes.

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

We've used the economy parking garage. Fairly cheap as far as airport parking goes and it's in the garage so very nice when the weather is not so good. Also close enough where you can have someone in your party go on the shuttle to get the car and come back to pick up the rest as the baggage claim is notoriously sloooooooow.

Upvote 0

Tigger 68

I live in Arlington Heights and the two times I have flown out of Midway I have used "Midway Park, Ride, and Fly". Its about 10 minutes from the airport. Its a huge fenced in lot 24/7 security. They have a shuttle that picks you up from your parking spot and drops you off at the airport. You can even find coupon codes for them if you search online. I would use them again. Cheaper then actually using the Midway lots.

Upvote 0

momofnine

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the help! We do have an airport bus service, but the parking lot is open, and you hear about problems every once in awhile. I think I will look into the Midway Park Ride and Fly... Cheaper sounds good!

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

I live in Arlington Heights and the two times I have flown out of Midway I have used "Midway Park, Ride, and Fly". Its about 10 minutes from the airport. Its a huge fenced in lot 24/7 security.
I'm from the Arl Hts Region and used Midway Park, Ride, and Fly a few times and they have been great! Another option is to see how much a limo/taxi would be.

I don't know where @momofnine is from but if you're going to be parked for awhile it might be cheaper, or only a small amount more, than parking.

Upvote 0

britlightyear

We use Midway's Park Ride n Fly every trip. They are great! Secure parking, fast shuttles and nice guys that help with your bags. If you go to their website (I just google Midway park ride and fly) you can sign up for their emails and they will send you discount codes every once and awhile. Last trip we parked there for less than $7/day. I definitely recommend them :)

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

We usually fly out of Midway,(closer to OHare, but Midway is always cheaper,by a LOT) and the one time we parked there, it worked out alright. But, now that I know about Park Ride and Fly, that sounds like it may be a good option, too. Love mining the wisdom from these boards.
On a side note, way to represent NW 'burbs!

Upvote 0

thomas998

Thanks everyone for the help! We do have an airport bus service, but the parking lot is open, and you hear about problems every once in awhile. I think I will look into the Midway Park Ride and Fly... Cheaper sounds good!

You get break-ins in all lots even the closed ones... the best way to avoid it aside from having someone drop you off at the airport and take your car home is to make sure that your car is empty of anything that might tempt a thief. In a parking lot their are two types of thieves, the ones looking to steal the car and the ones looking to steal something in the car... If they want the car, then nothing is going to stop them... but if they are just looking for something to sell then having an empty car is your best defense, that thief isn't going to waste time breaking into a car that has nothing but a radio to steal when he can see a DVD player or lots of bags with who knows what in the car beside it... I would worry more about just find the cheapest deal than someone breaking into my car.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

i live in riverside and use ohare, but i know people who do the ride and fly thing at midway. they said it was great. I don't know of anyone who used one of the lots for an extended time period. sorry

Upvote 0

GenerationX

We flew out of Midway to WDW back in September for a long weekend and used Airways Parking, which is just barely NE of the airport. We had a Groupon for it - $15 for three days. I'm not sure how much it normally costs. We had no issues with shuttles to/from the airport or damage to my car, but I'm always nervous when someone else is parking my car. We've parked in the Midway Economy Parking lot in the past, too, and had no problem there, either.

I'm in McHenry county, so I'm practically closer to Mitchell in Milwaukee than I am to Midway!

Upvote 0
Driving across the state to Midway and have been looking into parking. Feeling better about Park, Ride and fly. Just wish I could find something cheaper as it will be there like 12 days but heard they help with luggage and that's huge since its just my daughter and I, tons of luggage and in winter!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom