Have A Magical Day Removed From WDW Vocabulary?

Clever Name

I know I'm in the minority here, but honestly I'd rather not hear it. I'd rather have CMs speak to me in a genuine tone that shows they care (if they do) rather than have them spout a coined phrase with a fake plastic smile. I mean generally you can honestly tell the CMs who actually do care from the ones who are just saying that phrase because "I don't actually care and this takes no effort and might make them think I care."

Sounds as if you and I are suffering from a clear case of sanity. :wave:

mickey2008.1

now that we think of it, we did not here it very often at all on our last trip in September. I know for a fact that we never heard it at our resorts. We have even called recently and not heard it. But it has been later at night that we called, but used to hear it more. It's what we say in our texts before we leave for a trip.

peachykeen

I'd only say "have a magical day" if I meant it sarcastically to people who yell at me. It's my way of sticking the overly cheerful magic touch to send them over the edge in rage.

Not all cast members share this opinion. I know many who sincerely mean "have a magical day", but hopefully that explains the other side of it.

I know quite a few CMs who, the only time they ever utter the words "Have a Magical Day" are in the exact circumstance you mention here; an awful, rude Guest. It's always meant sarcastically, and kind of catches the Guest off-guard. And any CMs in the area turn away trying not to laugh.

I rarely say it, it just feels awkward to me. But I do always end with something, like "I hope you have a great night" or "Enjoy your evening"

DABIGCHEEZ

This saying along with "Welcome Home!", both need a dose of reality.

We do not sniff,snort or gorge on the Pixie dust, so "magical" doesn't work for us. Enjoyable, fun yes... magical, well I just think, keep saying that company line and I'll keep laughing at you on the inside.:eek:

Oh and let's again check into reality... I am NOT home, I am on vacation. :rolleyes:

SulleyanBoo

I agree with you! I did the Disney College Program this year and I always had a blast at work and loved to make guest smile! To me, it was amazing. Sometimes when I visit the parks I am not getting that same vibe from other cast members.:shrug: To me it is the most magical place on earth and it kind of sucks when you get a unhappy face as your waiter or when your about to go on your favorite ride. There are still many cast members that do an above and beyond job though and that totally makes your day and adds to the Disney excitement! :eek:

Tom Morrow

^ While I agree with you, I do think that CMs saying "HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!!" over and over to everyone they see is not magical. Its no different to me than hearing "my pleasure" from someone working at Chic-Fil-A. When I hear that, I know its a coined company phrase, and I know they don't really mean it. (in this case, the Chic-Fil-A employees are required to say it, however)

SulleyanBoo

^ While I agree with you, I do think that CMs saying "HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!!" over and over to everyone they see is not magical. Its no different to me than hearing "my pleasure" from someone working at Chic-Fil-A. When I hear that, I know its a coined company phrase, and I know they don't really mean it. (in this case, the Chic-Fil-A employees are required to say it, however)

Yes I totally agree with you too! Have a great day or even just a real smile is great to me! Im not picky..im at Disney after all! :) I mostly like have a magical day at the resorts I guess but other than that I just meant the attitude from the CMs working the rides and restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom