Have a different number of tickets than Husband when booking?

kjbean

If I were to book a moderate resort for my family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids), how would be the best way to add a different ticket package than my husband?

We are looking to plan a trip this fall wanting to use 3 days at the park as the four of us. I know it is more cost effective to get more days, but my husband won't likely be returning to Disney as much as I would be with the kids. ( I have family an hour from Disney and have traveled down there about 1x / year and usually go to 1 park each time). So, if the budget allows, I would like for my kids and I to get the 10 day ticket package with adding the water park option and upgrade unused days (probably 7 of them) to the No Expiration option before we leave our trip. But I don't think doing the same 10 day + WP option would be worth it for my husband, so I'm wondering about just getting him a 3 day MYW ticket package.

If we do this, would it make a difference if I book our resort under one of us (me and my kids), get my husband his own tickets separately? Could this cause any issues that I'm not aware of?

love disney

If you are planning on one trip all together and then subsequent trips for you and the kids, why not purchase the same package for all of you to avoid any confusion. Then while down there just upgrade the tickets for you and your children and not your husband...unless of course he changes his mind and wants to go more days in the future as well.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Are you doing the Disney Dining Plan? If so, then you have to do a room and ticket package with dining, in which case, everyone will have to have the exact same ticket options when you book the package. So you will need to book everyone under the lowest common denominator (a 3 day pass for everyone), then when you arrive, upgrade the tickets that you need to upgrade.

If you have no plans to do the dining plan, then it's pretty simple. Just book a room only reservation and buy whatever tickets you need to buy to fit everyone's needs.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Any package has to be booked with the same thing for every guest in the room.

Once you're there, you can upgrade individual tickets any way you wish.

So, if booking a package, you can get whatever is the lesser ticket for everybody and upgrade those that need it or if a package isn't necessary [no Dining plan] you can book room-only and buy the tickets you want when you get there.

Upgrading to add to your three-day base ticket will cost for the full 10-days, not just the 7 "extra" days. A 10-day non-hopper ticket with water parks no-expire is $571. Adding park hopper bumps that to $626.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom