Haunted Mansion

Jedijax719

I thought they'd have learned not to go the Eddie Murphy route (having a modern family move into a house haunted by spirits) and maybe have it set long ago about the spirits of the house in their own time. Or, possibly, have it set in the earlier 1900's when the notion of haunted houses began. During that time, houses from the 1800's or even 1700's were being abandoned due to a growing suburban (or pre-suburban since true suburbs began post-WWII) population. Teens began to hang out in old homes and vandalize them. Adults would tell tales and do things to keep teens away by scaring them. Thus, the notion of haunted houses and the idea of colonial and plantation homes being haunted.

This premise just sounds like a remake of the Murphy film.

Inspired Figment

I thought they'd have learned not to go the Eddie Murphy route (having a modern family move into a house haunted by spirits) and maybe have it set long ago about the spirits of the house in their own time. Or, possibly, have it set in the earlier 1900's when the notion of haunted houses began. During that time, houses from the 1800's or even 1700's were being abandoned due to a growing suburban (or pre-suburban since true suburbs began post-WWII) population. Teens began to hang out in old homes and vandalize them. Adults would tell tales and do things to keep teens away by scaring them. Thus, the notion of haunted houses and the idea of colonial and plantation homes being haunted.

This premise just sounds like a remake of the Murphy film.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Can’t believe they’re basically remaking the Eddie Murphy movie all over again.. smh. And nothing against Eddie Murphy or Tiffany Addish here, but seriously, why do the same lackluster premise as the last movie?

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Have you noticed that Bob Iger's era of Disney is for all intents and purposes a repeat of Michael Eisner's era?
Definitely, at the same time though, I never would’ve imagined it’d go this far to the point they’re legit remaking the very same movies with the same plot points and all pretty much.. but yeah, wow, here we are. lol!

Brer Panther

Definitely, at the same time though, I never would’ve imagined it’d go this far.. but yeah, wow, here we are. lol!
Taking all bets! What will we get next, another bad live action movie based on The Country Bears or the triumphant return of the direct-to-video (though they'd likely be direct-to-STREAMING now) Disney sequels?

Inspired Figment

Taking all bets! What will we get next, another bad live action movie based on The Country Bears or the triumphant return of the direct-to-video (though they'd likely be direct-to-STREAMING now) Disney sequels?
Oh man.. I really hope we don’t get another ‘bad’ Country Bears movie.. smh. I’d honestly love a good traditionally animated movie or series done in a Marc Davis style. (Similar to that project someone was starting but never finished for America Sings if you’ve ever seen that). But this one could feature the backstories for all the bears and how they initially got their gigs at Bear Hall.

Inspired Figment

In a way, all the “live action”/gritty realistic CG hybrid” remakes were Iger’s answer to the Direct to Video/DVD sequels.. though to be fair, Eisner did the 101 Dalmatians ones in the late 90s/early 2000s

In the Parks
Yes
Hopefully we get something fun out of this. Justin Simien is a fantastic talent & I look forward to seeing what his approach could be. That being said, if I were the CEO of Disney, I would've totally approached Jordan Peele for the director & writer gig for a Haunted Mansion film. I feel he would've really known how to balance the funny & scary angle of the mansion with his comedy experiences on Mad TV as well as having several fantastic horror films under his belt. We could've had something really special ther! Not to mention he is apparently a huge Disney fan.

Now my inner casting director is working overtime. Imagine Cate Blanchett as Leota, Andy Serkis as Hatty, & Allison Williams as Constance.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
"The Mariner: An older, weathered 19th-century sailor. Gruff on the outside, but with a winning smile and an underlying warmth to him."

This legit sounds like my armchair headcanon for the Ghost Host. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Although, I have 0 interest in the movie now. Was really hoping for a darker take. Ah well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"The Mariner: An older, weathered 19th-century sailor. Gruff on the outside, but with a winning smile and an underlying warmth to him."

This legit sounds like my armchair headcanon for the Ghost Host. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Although, I have like 0 interest in the movie now. Was really hoping for a darker take.
Is this a remake of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Sounds like Tiffany Haddish will be playing Madame Leota but a new interpretation of the character. And by new I mean Whoopi Goldberg's Oda Mae Brown in 1990's Ghost.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Danny DeVito has joined the luminous cast of Haunted Mansion, Disney’s ghostly family adventure based on one of the company’s signature theme park rides.

DeVito, whose last big-screen studio appearance was in 2019’s Jumanji: The Next Level, boards a project that already has LaKeith Stanfield, Tiffany Haddish, Owen Wilson and Rosario Dawson on the call sheet."

Tony Perkis

"Danny DeVito has joined the luminous cast of Haunted Mansion, Disney’s ghostly family adventure based on one of the company’s signature theme park rides.

DeVito, whose last big-screen studio appearance was in 2019’s Jumanji: The Next Level, boards a project that already has LaKeith Stanfield, Tiffany Haddish, Owen Wilson and Rosario Dawson on the call sheet."

786E7262-C98B-47FF-BE95-2EC0307727DD.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom