Haunted Mansion

JoMarch

Original Poster
Hello All,

Did I miss something. I have gone to WDW or DL yearly for the past 15+ years. Did they recently add some additional ghosts to the finale graveyard scene? I swear there are new ones. They even look painted in a somewhat brighter black light paint.

HMFan999

I certainly haven't heard anything, and something like that would normally get a lot of fanfare. Can you give any more detailed examples of what you don't remember seeing before?

macefamily

I agree that the graveyard has some new spooks in it. I would say that there have been some deadly additions over the past six or seven years. Just so they don't remove the guy with his dog at the bottom of the steep drop. The same animatronic figure appears on the Jungle Cruise. He's the bottom guy climbing the pole trying to escape the rhino.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

giphy.gif

CF_Fighter

My wife and I noticed it too. We were wondering if they put some new animals in, like we noticed a cat on top of one of the graves we never saw before. Or they simply touched up the reflective paint and brightened the spotlighting.

JoMarch

Original Poster
It all could be different lighting hitting characters differently. There was definitely a wolf/dog and some others - I wish I wrote them down....

Dragonman

The ghosts and animals have not changed since opening day. The dogs, cats, owls, etc have always been there. No new ones were ever added. It’s simply a method of repainting/redressing the figures and adjusting the lighting every few years. No additions were made to the graveyard in the past 15 years besides new vocals.

The caretakers face mold was reused from the Jungle Cruise, it’s not the same animatronic figure.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom