Haunted Mansion

jcmayid

Originally posted by disney2b
yeah i still doubt it, remember the hyrolaters they still claim that its an elevator. my dad cant go in them so he go's in a side with a CM,we usually exit through their.

It is true, in Disneyland the room does go down. It is because when they were building the attraction there is a railroad between the facade and the actual ride and they had to figure out a way to get you to the area where the ride is, so they put in the part where the walls stretch so they can bring you down in an elevator and to the other side where you board the doombuggies. Now in Disney World they just fed off they idea but they had no reason to go down and it was more cost effective to just have the ceiling rise so that is what they did.

fngoofy

Fievel is dead on. If you have ever seen WDW HM from an arial shot, the building is huge and right behind the facade.
In DL the HM is a free standing building, you can see all sides, the show building is outside the park proper, on the "other side of the tracks."

It is facinating to watch the room stretch in WDW. There are a series of layers to the wall. The first is the wood paneling that in the begining goes from the floor to about 6ft high. Capping the paneling is a wooden ledge that encircles the whole room with gargoyles holding candels at each of the angles. The next layer is the striped wall paper above the ledge with the last layer being the paintings that are on their own strip of wallpaper that is hanging an inch infront of the actual walll.

When the effect begins the ledge starts to rise (ending about 12ft above you), exposing more paneling, strips of wallpaper with the pictures on them rises faster as to show more of the scene that was hidden, and the ceiling rises so that it stays insinc with the picture strips. Fantastic

The floor and mis-timed doors are the clue that there is no lowering involved.

FYI, there are two stretching rooms in WDW, one on each side of the fireplace. Accomodates maximum traffic flow.

One of my 3 favorite rides.

wanabeimagineer

Original Poster
Originally posted by fngoofy
FYI, there are two stretching rooms in WDW, one on each side of the fireplace. Accomodates maximum traffic flow.

One of my 3 favorite rides.

Ya I was pretty sure there were two, but in all the years Ive been going and in the probably 50-60 times Ive ridden that ride, Ive never been in one on the left of the fireplace.

Disney King

Someone asked about Disneyland Paris. Well I have been to both American parks and to Paris 3 times. After riding all of them I am very certain that I can confirm that DL drops, WDW's ceiling rises and the floor on DLP drops too. I am very sure the floor drops in Paris. Let me just add that their Phantom Manor is a hundred times better than the ones state-side!!! It is amazing and much more detailed!!! Well that is my 2 cents worth!!

kaos

Simple response here...

If you ever take the Behind the Scenes tour, they come straight out and tell you... The room ceiling goes up because the water table in Florida is about 15 feet...

woofboy111

They could still go down if they wanted to. Remember, the Magic Kindom is butilt on the send floor of a huge building (the utildors). If you went down, you would just go to the first floor, which would seem like undergroud.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom