Haunted Mansion

HMGhost13

that's new to me, the 6 feet under.

more trivia, don't know if i read it here or on doombuggies, but when you go down backwards, you are falling to your "death" and land where you should be, in the cemetary. if you notice, the caretaker looks scared not because of the ghosts, well actually yeah because of the ghosts...the ghosts being you. his gaze is more towards you than the ghosts int he graveyard. before this, it was all a scare you until you fell screaming fromt he window and the ghosts are now celebrating your coming of death ;)

also, if you notice, next to the bride is a trunk. sticking out of the trunk (which is closed) is white cloth....hmmm ;) looks like a clash of stories don't you agree?

the image that was posted witht he vampire, was for the 30th celebration of the Haunted Mansion.

btw, on the whole ring issue. i've said it before, it's not a ring. it's a part from an old pole that held something or other. these "stories behind the ring" everyone posts is stries from cast members. The haunted Mansion has no definate plot, so the "stories" are speculation. The only "mansion" to actually have a plot, is Phantom Manor. although it originally intended to have a plot, HM's finalization never got one except a tour through the haunted mansion. Technically, there is no connection between Gracey's grave, Ghost Host, or the attic bride. All the connections are fan based.

Roey

Originally posted by Woody13
Also, the Haunted Mansion show building is adjacent to It's A Small World show building. Both attractions share the same control center. That's why the dolls in IASW look so "creepy"!

Incorrect. The Haunted Mansion show building is completely separate from It's a Small World. There is a maintenance drive separating the two and is also used for backstage entrances. I can see, however, where you may have got this theory. In fact the audio for the Haunted Mansion is located in the same building as the audio for It's a Small World.

I have devoted myself to know everything I can about HM for over 20 years since fisrt riding it when I was a kid. It made such an impression on me that I designed dark rides and effect for shows since I was 12.

Roey

By the way, I loved the Haunted Mansion movie. Saw it 7 times already. They added in all of the wonderful details of the original attraction, right down to the wallpaper and door handles. And if you stay after the credits (which you should always do in a Disney movie) you will see a special surprise!

Roey

Originally posted by HMGhost13
the knight used to have someone in it back in the day and they would move and frighten the people, but cast members couldn't stand the armor/suit/whatever so it was discontinued. of course i am speaking of the original ride, maybe a few months before anything solid was put up in WDW.

The Knight was a possition held by HM cast members in the original HM at Disneyland. It was discontinued for many reason, mainly because of budget, but also the cast member playing the role would be hit with objects from the guests. The CM playing the night had a remote control to stop the ride where another DM would come and remove the guest from the ride. This became a problem because the Knight was having to stop the ride so often that it backed up the lines to the attraction.

Roey

Sorry about all the posts but I just got a new screen name on here after 2 years of being gone from the site. I used to post all the time and HM is my all time favorite attraction so I know the most about it and it's history.

Originally posted by diznutz
I've heard so many different things about the haunted mansion! One of them was that the part of the ride where the doombuggies turn backwards and go down the hill is that the hill is approximately six feet down representing all the 999 happy haunts residing six feet under.

The backward-downhill section is because you are coming out of the attic window and into the cemetery. Look to your right as you come down and you will see the roof section of the mansion to indicate this.

[/B][/QUOTE] Another was that the ride has infared detectors preventing any riders from climbing out onto the ridew and roaming around. Interesting but I'm not sure if it's ture or not.[/B][/QUOTE]

The Mansion has pressure mats on the floor just outside of your doombuggy. These act as sensors to the control board so the CMs will know exactly where a guest has "escaped!"

[/B][/QUOTE] It's also rumored that the music changes from room to room throughout the attraction but it's actually the same song, "Grim Grinning Ghosts." It just happens to be a "mix" of the song throughout the ride and it was orchestrated so that the guests wouldn't be able to tell a significant difference when the changed from room to rrom, but wouldn't get a headache(a la It's a Small World). They also put sound effects in between rooms so that the "mixes" aren't confused.[/B][/QUOTE]

True as well. The music was designed this was so and it matches the music in the other areas of the mansion to cover one another.

[/B][/QUOTE] Also the story about the ring and the wife has a lot to do with the attraction. At first it is legend that the Imagineers were planning to totally theme the ride around the story....I don't know why exactly they didn't...but anyways.....The owner of the estate(haunted mansion) was Master Gracey who resided there with is wife. The legend was that the Master didn't pay as much attention to his wife as she would have liked and she decided it was time for him to go (the hanging corpse in the "growing room"). Then when she realized what she had done she put on her wedding dress(you can see her in the attic and if you look closely she has no wedding ring on) and she decided to jump off the roof of the mansion. Her wedding ring is supposed to be imbedded in the ground(right outside and after the ride). The "ring" is actually a pole that was removed from the Disney property but a fun story nonetheless.[/B][/QUOTE] :D :D :D

The ring is indeed an old pole. It is between the pillars as you leave the mansion right before going into the yard where the hearse is.

As for the story, it is not well told in the mansion but I believe maybe that was another reason why the movie was made. It tells the story so when you visit the mansion next, you will already know it and look for these things! :D

Woody13

Originally posted by Roey
Incorrect. The Haunted Mansion show building is completely separate from It's a Small World. There is a maintenance drive separating the two and is also used for backstage entrances. I can see, however, where you may have got this theory. In fact the audio for the Haunted Mansion is located in the same building as the audio for It's a Small World.

I have devoted myself to know everything I can about HM for over 20 years since fisrt riding it when I was a kid. It made such an impression on me that I designed dark rides and effect for shows since I was 12.

No, I am correct and you confirmed my orginial post. IASW and HM are indeed adjacent to one another (adjacent means "next to"). I never said the two show buildings were attached.

Again (as I stated) the control room for both (audio and computer links) are within the same center. Glad to help.

:wave:

Tom

Beta Return
Building Size

Originally posted by space42
yup.. and "The Great Movie Ride" tops them all as the largest show building at WDW.

If you look at an arial shot of the park, the 20,000 Leagues building appears to be larger than any other in the MK.

As far as largest buildings on property, the Manufacturing Warehouses and Christmas Warehouse behind the MK are pretty dang HUGE - I've been in them. Also, the Merchandising Building is pretty big too.

Wow we have some interesting information around here! If u don't mind me askig i want to be filled in on what an imagineer's job is as opposed to a CM... i do know cast members load people on rides such as the haunted mansion.... but what is an imagineer? More information on cast member and imagineers would be greatly appreciated
Angie

darthdarrel

Originally posted by TheDisneyQueen
Wow we have some interesting information around here! If u don't mind me askig i want to be filled in on what an imagineer's job is as opposed to a CM... i do know cast members load people on rides such as the haunted mansion.... but what is an imagineer? More information on cast member and imagineers would be greatly appreciated
Angie
Imagineers are the people who actually dream up and build the rides,attrations for Disney.

Woody13

Originally posted by darthdarrel
Imagineers are the people who actually dream up and build the rides,attrations for Disney. [/QUOTE

I thought that was Eisner's job? Oh yeah, he only builds the bad ones.:lol:

darthdarrel

Imagineers are the people who actually dream up and build the rides,attrations for Disney. [/QUOTE

I thought that was Eisner's job? Oh yeah, he only builds the bad ones.:lol:
Eisner doesn`t build any rides, he just gives the ok for construction to go forward.:D

Woody13

Eisner doesn`t build any rides, he just gives the ok for construction to go forward.:D

Yes, but based upon the posts I read on this forum it would seem that Eisner only approves the construction of "evil" or "bad" or "cheap" or "stupid" or "inappropriate" or "vapid" or....(fill in the blank)________ rides. Isn't this true?

darthdarrel

Yes, but based upon the posts I read on this forum it would seem that Eisner only approves the construction of "evil" or "bad" or "cheap" or "stupid" or "inappropriate" or "vapid" or....(fill in the blank)________ rides. Isn't this true?
Quite true! :lol:
Although this Mount everest Ride looks pretty cool! :D

can any imagineers tell me how much the like their jobs? what they basically do the whole day (day rutine?)... thanks just curious because that is what i want to be when i get older! either and imagineer or cast member? what do cast members do the whole day?
Angie
(Disney Queen)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
good luck finding one to answer ;)

the onslaught of questions directed to those particular members once they identify themselves as a WDI CM is why they don't typically announce their jobs.

That being said, just google it

tenchu

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
You don't have an aerial shot of it, do you? I want to see how big it is

Is it in this photo? Sorry, I'm a little rusty with my adventureland identification.

1400Roll04_004-med.jpg

TnkrBelPixiDust

That's really neat. I never really noticed the detail that much. I know that i've heard that the mansion is said to resemble the Harry Packer Mansion in Jim Thorpe PA. Has anyone else heard of that??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom