Haunted Mansion

wedance

Original Poster
Last time we went to Disney, every time we went on the Haunted Mansion(5 different times on different days) it would stop for about 30 seconds or so in various places throught the ride. I never remember this happening before. Are they doing it on purpose, or is it always breaking down? I also thought maybe they need to stop it briefly to let a handicap rider on. Anyone know? Thanks!

Passport

They have to slow the ride and sometimes stop it to allow disabled and wheelchair people to get on and off. It happens to Spaceship Earth too very often.

Hank Scorpio

This happened a lot to me way back in 1998, which was the last time I rode the Haunted Mansion.

In fact, it happened so frequently, we all just presumed it was part of the ride! :hammer:

DCL

I never really thought about it before, but now that you mention it, it does seem like every time i ride it, it stops/ breaks down... whatever you want to call it

EpcoTim

Yup--99% of the time thats to let a disabled guest on or off the ride. Those buggys arent the easiest things in the world to get in and out of with a handicap.

Terp02

Wow I haven't posted here in like, well about 5 months or more.

Anywho, the ride will stop either because there are older people or disabled people trying to get on, but sometimes you have stupid kids who try to get out of their seat. That es me off:mad: .

Anyway I hope people remember me, if not, I'm gonna try to post more often again.

stingrock23

yeah, i just stop and enjoy the scenery. there's bound to be something that I've never seen before. I just soak everything in and wait. It's usually not that long. not that it happens all the time, but it's happened to me a few times.

bhg469

every time it stops i look around trying to find something new. if your near the ballroom or the graveyard theres always something that i have never noticed and i have been on the ride......yikes way too many times

Joalovar

Lets say that those stops at the HM are part of the experience, you never known when and where are gonna happen!!! :drevil:

ToTBellHop

When you put 999 ghosts into a single mansion, things are bound to go awry. At least they are PLAYFUL spooks! Could you imagine if the ride were based on a horror movie...seriously though, there has got to be some way to prevent all the stopping; the Disneyland Haunted Mansion doesn't break down nearly as much...and the Ghost Host's voice doesn't crack away. I think the WDW Haunted Mansion just needs a refurbishment, cuz that's when the fixed all the problems on Disneyland's ride--after the first Haunted Mansion Holiday.

mwitkus

now that you mention it, the haunted mansion does seem to have a lot of mid ride stops... oh well... part of the charm i suppose - at least they keep a speil going while you are sitting there and you don't just sit there wondering what is going on....

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by DogsRule!
When you put 999 ghosts into a single mansion, things are bound to go awry. At least they are PLAYFUL spooks! Could you imagine if the ride were based on a horror movie...seriously though, there has got to be some way to prevent all the stopping; the Disneyland Haunted Mansion doesn't break down nearly as much...and the Ghost Host's voice doesn't crack away. I think the WDW Haunted Mansion just needs a refurbishment, cuz that's when the fixed all the problems on Disneyland's ride--after the first Haunted Mansion Holiday.

i don't think the ride is breaking down - they have to stop the system to allow handicapped guests on and off the ride, so thats why you are getting "stuck"

Scooter

I LOVE the stoppage (is that a word?) in The Haunted Mansion ride. :)

It gives me a chance to see all the DETAIL put into this ride.

I especially like it when my Doom buggy stops right at the Ballroom scene. There's so much to look at in there. AFter 10 trips I STILL notice little details that I had never noticed before.

meeko_33785

Originally posted by blackride
OMG please dont use rehab and Haunted House in the same sentence.....I may just go crazy!

When DL's Haunted Mansion had their rehap a while back, the actual ride itself did not change. All they did was just cleaned the ride up, fixed some effects they were having problems with, and fixed the sound. I think a rehab like this would really be good for the ride at WDW, making it as good as new again.

VinnieG

Was just there a few weeks ago and looks like they are doing something to the outside of the HM is was covered up with a tarp and the herse was gone from the front.Also, Madame Leota did not talk at all on the ride she was very quiet and at the end of the ride were the opera ghost is there is a green light shooting accross pass the doombuggys.I guess they must be doing some sort of work.

gjpjtj

Originally posted by blackride
OMG please dont use rehab and Haunted House in the same sentence.....I may just go crazy!

I agree..........I was there in September when they were re-habbing the strecthing rooms. I am counting on it being open this September!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom