Haunted Mansion theory

rocknroller81

Original Poster
I'm not sure how many of you have heard this, but I've heard of an interesting theory of Haunted Mansion. Remember the ghost host "saying" you can take his way out (hung himself) to get out? Well, you do when you go backwards in the mansion towards the graveyard scene (jumping to your death). And when you come past the watchman and his dog, they're scared when they see you and then you join the ghosts in the graveyard for a "swinging wake." Kind of mind blowing, isn't it?

Tom

Beta Return
I think a lot of stories have been applied to the mansion since it opened, by guests and CMs.

Besides, the "swinging wake" is the Ballroom Scene.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I've heard this theory before, and I really think somebody (not necessarily YOU) is reading too much into this.

Besides...who jumps out of a window backwards?

AndyS2992

I'm not sure how many of you have heard this, but I've heard of an interesting theory of Haunted Mansion. Remember the ghost host "saying" you can take his way out (hung himself) to get out? Well, you do when you go backwards in the mansion towards the graveyard scene (jumping to your death). And when you come past the watchman and his dog, they're scared when they see you and then you join the ghosts in the graveyard for a "swinging wake." Kind of mind blowing, isn't it?
I've read this many times and seems logical (although other versions say the bride pushes you out) but if you were dead from falling out the window then this makes the whole 'hurry back and bring your death certificate/hitchhiking ghosts will follow you' thing stupid since it implies you are still alive at the end.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As @Andys2992 already noted, if you are already dead then the Hitchhiking Ghosts and Little Leota make no sense.
Actually, they make perfect sense. You die and enter the spirit world, but then are revived (think of it like a near death experience).

The Hitchhiker's want to come back to the land of the living with you (even though they know they can't)

Cmdr_Crimson

It's also different at Phantom Manor. After you leave the Brides bedroom, The phantom has opened a grave for us to enter Phantom Canyon..Supposedly we are being buried alive by him as he laughs at us while were going down..

JoeZer

Steampunky Time Lord
I always assumed it was the bride with the axe that pushes/kills you an you fall out of the window into the backyard!

Axe Bride was added in the 2007 Refurb. Prior to that the Bride stood a bit further away from the track on the right holding a decayed bouquet of flowers. The Bride was a lot less threantening in the old version.

JohnD

Or maybe it goes down backward because the imagineers didn't want you falling out of your Doom Buggie if it were facing forward? Or am I just being too literal and practical? Next up: In Spaceship Earth, the hidden meaning of why the vehicles go backward almost straight down at the end of the ride. Discuss.

I took a tour of HM when I was a CP and the "official" story now is that the bride is on a murderous rampage, killing each husband for their wealth. If you look at the photos in the attic, the grooms get more and more rich and she kills them sooner and sooner after the wedding. The last one, YOU, is murdered on the wedding day. She kills you and pushes you out of the window into your grave to join the rest of the happy haunts. A bit convoluted, but an interesting tale.

Or maybe it goes down backward because the imagineers didn't want you falling out of your Doom Buggie if it were facing forward? Or am I just being too literal and practical? Next up: In Spaceship Earth, the hidden meaning of why the vehicles go backward almost straight down at the end of the ride. Discuss.

That is the ACTUAL reason you go backwards, but they altered the story to make sense of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom