Haunted Mansion Stops

Heppenheimer

Original Poster
I'm probably not alone here in that I actually look forward to the occasional stops the Doom Buggies make, which I assume is the result of loading and unloading handicapped passengers. It seems to happen nearly every time I've ridden the attraction in the last 15 years. These temporary halts give me a great chance to soak in some of the detail that I otherwise wouldn't notice. However, when this occurs, I almost always seem to be in the graveyard. Which is fine enough, but I would love to get stuck temporarily above the ballroom. Has anyone here worked out the timing for loading that would maximize the chances of stopping at the ballroom? Specifically, do they load the handicapped passengers in a certain predictable sequence, and can you try to adjust your place in line after the stretching room accordingly?

I'm guess that it's all pretty random, but if anyone out here has figured out a pattern, please share!

macefamily

Absolutely. I hope for a stoppage every time I get on the ride ! Some of the stops I've experienced have been in the graveyard (like you), in the attic (which was really cool), and in the hallway with the spinning "13" clock.

Tavernacle12

I’ve been stopped on it a lot, but usually get stuck in the first scene, the banging hallway, or the graveyard. I yearn to just once get stuck in the ballroom, but alas...

Similarly at SSE it’s always the descent I get stuck on.

waltography

It’s only happened to me maybe once or twice, but stopping at the balcony is amazing; only then do you actually get the opportunity to see each individual ghost doing their things. And during the holidays at DL, the gingerbread smell here is absolutely delightful.

Wanderer23432

It’s happened to me a few times and every time it stops in the same place, at the transition from madame leota to the ballroom scene. So all I ever get to look at is darkness wishing the ride would’ve stopped 5 seconds later. No luck at all.

FettFan

I'm probably not alone here in that I actually look forward to the occasional stops the Doom Buggies make, which I assume is the result of loading and unloading handicapped passengers. It seems to happen nearly every time I've ridden the attraction in the last 15 years. These temporary halts give me a great chance to soak in some of the detail that I otherwise wouldn't notice. However, when this occurs, I almost always seem to be in the graveyard. Which is fine enough, but I would love to get stuck temporarily above the ballroom. Has anyone here worked out the timing for loading that would maximize the chances of stopping at the ballroom? Specifically, do they load the handicapped passengers in a certain predictable sequence, and can you try to adjust your place in line after the stretching room accordingly?

I'm guess that it's all pretty random, but if anyone out here has figured out a pattern, please share!

It seem that when I ride, those stops are always at the descent. So there I am. Laying backwards and staring at the ceiling.

Though I will say this: the exterior house facade is something that a lot of people don't pay attention to, but it exists, and is a true testament to how WDI puts in extra effort in world-building.

JIMINYCR

Theres no pattern or timing that could be worked out, its just wherever your doombuggy happens to be. I have been stopped at the ballroom several times and take full advantage of the time to look around. Its the one time I dont mind waiting. I also have gotten stopped at Madame Leotas area a few times which isnt as fun. I know they wouldnt, but it would be nice to have a ride through at a snail speed so we could see more detail.

kevhugh

I’ve stopped on the backward tilt before but the last time I rode my 11 year old and I got stopped on the “upside down footstep stairs” area which was both boring and infuriating for a purist like myself. (Translation: Nostalgic Gen X’er)

Yert3

I wouldn’t mind the stops if they didn’t have the immersion breaking “please remain seated. This ride will begin motion immediately” announcement every single time it starts up again. The legal system has destroyed everything fun. Don’t even get me started about the Star Tunnel at Space Mountain.

danitaytay

I've gotten stopped in front of the bride in the attic for over 15 minutes...I definitely have nightmares from that. We were just on HM two days ago and got stuck on the backwards tilt. Definitely an interesting place to get stuck for a few minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom