Haunted Mansion Restaurant

Kman101

It's all about the setup...the interactive queue destroys the whole "sense of foreboding" you feel approaching the ride... there is a setup...begins as scary and revealed as lighthearted fun...it's all about the pacing...if you give away the lighthearted fun at the beginning the sense of staging no longer works...

I get that. For me, personally, it doesn't bother me or have any effect on the setup to the ride itself. It wasn't necessary but I like some of the things they put in the queue, not all of it.

Bocabear

I get that. For me, personally, it doesn't bother me or have any effect on the setup to the ride itself. It wasn't necessary but I like some of the things they put in the queue, not all of it.
I think they could have done a beautifulgraveyard queue without being so silly...keep it still a little more reserved and somber... Funny epitaphs on tombstones in a beuaitful kind of creepy ruined formal garden a-la Tower Of Terror...

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It's all about the setup...the interactive queue destroys the whole "sense of foreboding" you feel approaching the ride... there is a setup...begins as scary and revealed as lighthearted fun...it's all about the pacing...if you give away the lighthearted fun at the beginning the sense of staging no longer works...
Exactly what "foreboding" did you get in a covered walkway to the entrance?????? Having ridden it literally hundreds of times long before FP+, I never had a sense of "foreboding" while walking up to the doors.

Bocabear

Exactly what "foreboding" did you get in a covered walkway to the entrance?????? Having ridden it literally hundreds of times long before FP+, I never had a sense of "foreboding" while walking up to the doors.
well maybe you just are not tuned in.. YES! if you have ridden it hundreds of times, you already know the setup... but those who haven't I watched many many many people looking a little nervous or afraid...which is of course, part of the fun... Don't know what to tell you...Some people get it, some people don't get it at all...

Kman101

I think they could have done a beautifulgraveyard queue without being so silly...keep it still a little more reserved and somber... Funny epitaphs on tombstones in a beuaitful kind of creepy ruined formal garden a-la Tower Of Terror...

Agreed with this.

And on that note, love love love Tower's queue. So good. I'd be really really ed if they took away our Tower.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
upload_2017-5-2_11-3-51.jpeg

So exactly what part of this was foreboding?

Bairstow

They should have slavishly copied Phantom Manor if they had to do anything, with some slight adjustments to match the architectural style.

RandySavage

You have to concede that any serious-toned scary and foreboding setup of the original ended the moment ones eyes fell upon the Stretching Room Portraits... their artsitic style and content is more "silly" and "cartoony" than anything in the new cemetery queue.

Queue has never bothered me in the slightest, and I'm a big HM fan.

Bocabear

You have to concede that any scary and foreboding setup ends the second ones eyes fall upon the Stretching Room Portraits... their artsitic style and content is more "silly" and "cartoony" than anything in the new cemetery queue.
That is part of the setup...some dark humor along the way before you find out that it is all lighthearted (After Leota)...

Bairstow

You have to concede that any serious-toned scary and foreboding setup of the original ended the moment ones eyes fell upon the Stretching Room Portraits... their artsitic style and content is more "silly" and "cartoony" than anything in the new cemetery queue.

Queue has never bothered me in the slightest, and I'm a big HM fan.
It's not just the dark/light tone of the humor- it's that the queue provides incontrovertible proof that the Mansion really is haunted by ghosts whereas the ride didn't go all-in until the seance.

There's a great article that catalogs exactly what's wrong with the queue here: https://longforgottenhauntedmansion.blogspot.com/2011/05/decadence.html?m=1

24.-standby-queue-game-haunted-mansion-liberty-square-magic-kingdom-walt-disney-world.jpg

HMF

Not really, The paintings may be humorous but they fit the tone with their macabre nature and can be perceived as veiled threats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom