Haunted Mansion PA

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
:eek: I just found this out. The Haunted Mansion at WDW is modeled after the Harry Packer Mansion in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania. I live about 15 - 20 minutes from Jim Thorpe and I've seen the mansion a ga-zillion times. I never knew this and now I'm all excited. Just thought I would share. HeHe:p

josh_e_washie

Wow what a resemblence......I would not want to live near that house!!!! Looks like a fun place though...I wonder how much popularity the actual mansion has had in response to the Disney version???:)

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
The actual mansion itself is an Inn. On the Mansion's website it says it was a model for WDW. Also Jim Thorpe is a beautiful little town with shops and Glenanoka (not sure if I spelled that right)"park" . The higher you climb the bigger the waterfalls get. It's beautiful.

Sherm00

hey where in pa are you from? i live near scranton in clarks summit just moved there from throop, only about 20 minutes from jim thorp. They host murder mystery dinners there that i hear are really awesome to attend.

smilez4011

Wow, there's people here from my area! That's awesome. I live outside of Allentown close to Jim Thorpe. Maybe only like 20 min away.

mrtoad

Originally posted by smilez4011
Wow, there's people here from my area! That's awesome. I live outside of Allentown close to Jim Thorpe. Maybe only like 20 min away.

I head to Allentown about every 2 weeks for work. I live in North NJ. I will be in Allentown actually tomorrow.

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
WOW there are ppl from the Lehigh Valley here. HeHe I'm from right outside of Slatington. I actually went to the mansion yesterday. Yes they do host murder mystery shows. We couldn't get in because we didn't have reservations, but I can call and set up a tour. I want to go back and take some pictures. You can tell that certain parts of the manison were taken for Disney, It's so cool. My bestfriend had mentioned Walt himself might have come here to check it out. How cool is that?!

*47 days to go - November 13, 2003*

tercon57

Hey, I'm from Lehigh Valley (Northampton area) too. We have been to Jim Thorpe many times to hike the Gorge area but we have never visited the Mansion. Now we have to go see it.

Thanks for the great info!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom