Haunted Mansion mention on The Bad and Ugly...

Thessair

Original Poster
The Bad and Ugly (a soon-to-be-closed movie blog) has been posting general entertainment articles in its final week. Yesterday's was about the Haunted Mansion and its lost back story.

Yes, I realize it's primarily an article on the DL version of the attraction, but the WDW "wedding ring" issue gets a big mention and is the main reason I wanted to share.

Read the article.

Tom Morrow

I didn't read the article, but there is no backstory. Anything you have heard has been conjured up by CM's over the years.

Thessair

Original Poster
You should read the article. It's amusing, that's all. I wasn't touting it as fact. I'm well aware of the cast member devised histories of the Mansion.

Especially that wedding ring thing that never seems to fade away.

raven

Fun as it was to believe, there was never a "wedding ring." Everyone wants to believe it but it was simply from an old post in the ground (about the size of a Disney pinback). There were 4 actually and they all lined up with each other where the old post (or gates) used to be but the one in question was the one everyone walked over.

Thessair

Original Poster
Yeah, it is one of those urban legends that will likely never die, regardless of how much proof to the contrary is presented. Still, I guess it's a testament to the belief people have in Disney theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom