Haunted Mansion Holiday?

topgun6566

Original Poster
I believe I read somewhere that the Haunted Mansion Holiday is coming to WDW this year for the 40th anniversary celebration. Can anyone confirm this?

Crockett

Banned
I don't see WDW shelling out the $$$ for this. But I would certainly LOVE this to be correct.
Not going to hold my breath.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I believe I read somewhere that the Haunted Mansion Holiday is coming to WDW this year for the 40th anniversary celebration. Can anyone confirm this?

Not likely! It is done in DL as most of the people going are local and it gives them another reason to go at xmas

WDW is a once a year at best trip for most so no need for An Xmas overlay in TDO's eyes! Plus many people seeing it for the 1st time would want to see it in its everyday glory

jmuboy

Sorry - won't be happening anytime soon. TDO is looking for ways to cut attractions and service and charge more for its events. They are not interested in enhancing their events and entertainment.

Now I can guarantee you there will be more "magical" Haunted Mansion vinylmation figures before the end of 2011 that you can purchase. Does that make up for not getting HMH?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
That statement may be true for the Orlando unit, but have you been out to Anaheim recently to see what's going on? Disney is definitely not in a cutback spirit.

Which, I'm sure, is why the poster specified TDO, which is Team Disney Orlando.

JustInTime

No. Please. No. As an avid Haunted Mansion fan, keep it away. I am sorry, but when I pay $50 for MNSSHP, I want to ride Magic Kingdom's only Halloween-ish ride. Not some christmas overlay. That just doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps build Nightmare Land and have it's own ride there. :shrug:

topgun6566

Original Poster
I believe I read it on Wikipedia, so that's why I was wondering if it was happening or not. Since I live an hour from WDW I would love to see something different and special. Guess just wishful thinking on my part:shrug:

wdwfan4ver

I don't see this rumor happening.

This isn't the TDO of the early 1990's. I looked at a video that shown how WDW was during December back in the early 1990's. There was a whole more stuff going on the holidays than now and a good deal of it was caused by TDO not wanting to spend the money now on stuff like having a Country Bear Jamboree Christmas Show. TDO just doesn't want to spend money on changing an attraction for just to run for a couple months of a year.

TDO only could start to change if Meg Crofton retires and maybe a couple people from TDO also for doing more stuff for the holidays.

Cmdr_Crimson

If this happend Christmas Hoedown and The Holiday Layover for IASW would have to be done.....In other words I wouldn't hold my breath.

devoy1701

Well, if this is TDO being cheap...then thank god in this situation.

have you experienced Haunted Mansion Holiday? It's amazing how not only they transform the regular attraction into a whole new experience but also have they weave the two storylines together (more or less) so that elements of the original attraction are still apparently with the Jack story.

It's an amazing offering and a great mixup from running the normal show 9 months out of the year. I would love to see it in Orlando and I think more guests would be happy to see such an overlay added to increase the Holiday (both Halloween and Christmas) offerings than would be upset by it.

I would most definitely like to see the Country Bear Christmas show come back as well...that's some funny stuff I don't care who you are, and a holiday overlay on the Country Bears would increase ridership at this point for the neglected attraction.

Kamikaze

And that's what I was saying, not to let TDO reflect how Disney is running all of its operations.

But he specifically said TDO not TWDC or P&R.

If this happend Christmas Hoedown and The Holiday Layover for IASW would have to be done.....In other words I wouldn't hold my breath.

Why does it have to be all three or nothing? Why couldn't they do one and judge the reaction before doing more?
Its not going to happen, but saying they would have to do all three is just incorrect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom