Haunted Mansion Holiday photos

ToTBellHop

I like the Haunted Mansion building at Disneyland better too...probably because Walt actually designed it. He of course didn't design the ride (opened in 1969), but he was around when the Mansion was erected (finished in 1963)...so that's how he wanted it. However, I still say Phantom Manor is the best looking building...certainly the SCARIEST looking one...plus the music...I will be so excited to hear the Phantom Manor music in the queue at Disneyland...

DCA Fan

To answer the question about HMH going to WDW, it is a definite possibility. Last year WDW execs paid a visit to DL's HMH and liked what they saw. I heard they were considering making it a year-round attraction, but I doubt it.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by Maria
You know, I´m beginning to like the facade of the mansion in Disneyland better than the one in Orlando. I don´t know, but it looks more like a mansion to me.

Me too! Of course I like that antebellum style of architecture better than the colonial style. There's also a detail in the DL version that I'm not sure is at WDW. It is a candlelight moving from room to room in one of the upper floors.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Merlin
Me too! Of course I like that antebellum style of architecture better than the colonial style. There's also a detail in the DL version that I'm not sure is at WDW. It is a candlelight moving from room to room in one of the upper floors.

That sounds pretty freakin kewl! I will be sure to look for it...I also like how you actually go into the Mansion at Disneyland...not the basement entrance, but the main entrance...it's kewl that you can actually get up to the building; it's not merely a facade

JLW11Hi

I LOVE this attraction! It is defenetely one of the best dark rides I have been on, next to Roger Rabbit. It was the hilight of our trip last year.

Originally posted by DCA Fan
I heard they were considering making it a year-round attraction, but I doubt it.

I would really like to see this happen, although it is a stretch, seeing as it is more of a holiday time attraction. But to be honest, I really like the Holiday version better than the normal one, simply because it uses all the classic effects and stuff from the original, and adds a tank-load of new props, animatronics, and stuff. I dont know if the Imagineers were expecting it or not, but Jack's story fits so well into the mansion, meaning they could permanently add him somehow. It would save them from the hassel of closing the attraction every year for the rehab, too.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Agreed! When I saw it for the first time last year, I was blown away by how elaborate it was for a "temporary" makeover. They really went all out!

I shot some short video clips of the changing portraits but was having trouble uploading those to this site. I'll try again if anyone is interested.

Egged

I defenantly perfer the WDW mansion facade, but it's just me.I just like the look better, and we have the floating candle outside too.We will defenantly get HMH, BUT YEAR AROUND HMH IS BULL****!I MEAN< RUIN ANOTHER WDW ATTRACTION WHY DON'T YA!I WOULD RIOT!:brick: :fork: :dazzle: :mad:

Al

when I went, the HM looked spectacular.

The rest of my family found it hard to believe it was a "temporary" thing :D

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by Egged
I defenantly perfer the WDW mansion facade, but it's just me.I just like the look better, and we have the floating candle outside too.We will defenantly get HMH, BUT YEAR AROUND HMH IS BULL****!I MEAN< RUIN ANOTHER WDW ATTRACTION WHY DON'T YA!I WOULD RIOT!:brick: :fork: :dazzle: :mad:

Changing Journey into Imagination was ruining a WDW attraction. The update had everything missing from the original and had nothing that made it as good as the original.

Now Haunted Mansion Holiday on the other hand still has every effect of the original attraction, plus, like I said, a truck load of new things. I agree that I like attractions that use original ideas more than those that are based on Disney movies, but seriously, I think this works very well with the ride. It didnt ruin it at all. I mean, how many people remember Nightmare Before Christmas anyway? (sadly)
Its almost completely new to the guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom