Haunted Mansion Holiday Opens Early!

TP2000

Original Poster
The LA Times and CM's on some message boards have reported today that Haunted Mansion Holiday is opening several days early. Looking through the cracks in the rehabs walls, you can see that the repaving work has been completed and the exterior decorations on the Mansion all seem to be complete as of Tuesday.

Although the official Disneyland.com attraction closure list still has Haunted Mansion closed until Friday, the eighth season of Haunted Mansion Holiday is going to open two days early on Wednesday, September 24th. :sohappy:

TP2000

Original Poster
It's not even Halloween yet? :shrug:

Haunted Mansion Holiday always opens in late September. But this is one of the earliest September dates it has ever opened, as it is usually around the 29th or 30th instead of the 24th. It's one of those holiday rides that covers both Halloween and Christmas, which is exactly the plot of the movie.

Small World Holiday is the one that is focused on Christmas and New Years, and it doesn't open until November.

TP2000

Original Poster
Haunted Mansion Holiday opened today with the Park at 10:00AM. I rode it around Noon, and it was great as usual.

There isn't anything new in a major way, although this years gingerbread house in the ballroom is a nifty trick they haven't tried yet. I won't spoil it, but it was terribly clever! And that gingerbread smell is fabulous!

Overall the ride looked fantastic. Things look very fresh and crisp and lavish. Haunted Mansion Holiday has begun! :wave:

Disneyland_Guy

I want to go to Disneyland again! My last visit was October 7, 2008 and I even did not get a chance to ride the original Haunted Mansion live again. The Haunted Mansion Holiday is good, but not great as the classic Haunted Mansion.

Nice pictures.

smm914

Hey, I'm looking for a cool picture of the Haunted Mansion done up for the holiday at night to put as my background. Anybody have some that they can post for my consideration? I'd really appreciate it.

TP2000

Original Poster
What changes are made for the holidays?

Wow, you are new, aren't you? :lol:

The entire attraction is changed outside and in. New audio, new show scenes, new animatronics, and an entirely different plotline are added. The graveyard is turned into a big snowy playground for everyone. The changes to the attraction facility for Haunted Mansion Holiday are even a little more elaborate than the changes made for Disneyland's It's A Small World Holiday.

A briefy synopsis of the changes to the exterior, plus the new stretching room sequence and a ride through are found in this short video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ9BjYalvsA

DRJJH1

Does anyone know when it re-opens after the holidays in the original configuration? I was there in Oct and got to ride it with the holiday overlay, but would like to ride it in the original form ( I have been on WDW's but never DL's original). Im going to be there at the end of Feb. Will it be re-opened by then?:confused:

Does anyone know when it re-opens after the holidays in the original configuration? I was there in Oct and got to ride it with the holiday overlay, but would like to ride it in the original form ( I have been on WDW's but never DL's original). Im going to be there at the end of Feb. Will it be re-opened by then?:confused:

According to Disneyland.com, HM will reopen on Feb. 15.

DRJJH1

Great... I will get to ride the original! A bit of a thread drift, but does anyone know what ride might be down at the end of feb?

TP2000

Original Poster
Pirates of the Caribbean is rumored to close for a month the day after Haunted Mansion reopens. That would have Pirates closed from mid February to mid March.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom