Haunted Mansion hanging man-better vision?

Bagheera

Re: It was just a thought...

Originally posted by CaptJackSparrow
As far as your comment, are you sure that's a final decision on not up-dating the rides to reflect the movie? I heard that Madamme Liotta was definitely going to be changed to Jennifer Tilly. Anyone have any info on this?

Madame Leota will always have the voice of Eleanor Audley and the face of Leota Toombs. (If any sort of sense prevails over at WDI.)

HMGhost13

Re: Re: It was just a thought...

Originally posted by Bagheera
Madame Leota will always have the voice of Eleanor Audley and the face of Leota Toombs. (If any sort of sense prevails over at WDI.)

exactly. who are you going to believe? a b-movie actress who doesn't know which character she is? or WDI who built the ride?

goonsquads57

The hanged dude has always been kinda hard for me to see. I hope it is clearer when I'm there in 12 days! As for "corniness"...I've always thought that the giant, glow in the dark rubber spider at the top of the staircase was rather cheesey. Wish they could put something else there. It just doesn't seem to fit.

sillyspook13

Originally posted by Walter
Was it just for the night of the Ride-a-Thon, or was it a recent rehab that did this?
In a rehab about two years ago the dust and debris were cleared out of the attic. That's why you can see the hanging man so clearly.:)

Woody13

Re: Re: Haunted Mansion hanging man-better vision?

Originally posted by sillyspook13
In a rehab about two years ago the dust and debris were cleared out of the attic. That's why you can see the hanging man so clearly.:)

Technically speaking, they cleaned the scrim. It collects a lot of dust over time.

tj229er

Re: Re: Haunted Mansion hanging man-better vision?

Originally posted by sillyspook13
Are you saying that the hanging man is in the attic scence?

strobe

Re: Re: Re: Haunted Mansion hanging man-better vision?

Originally posted by tj229er
Are you saying that the hanging man is in the attic scence?

He's above your head in the strech room, but only visible for a short time after all the lights go out. You have to look up.

Djali999

sorry about getting to this so late...

actually, the spotlight and fan on the figure have been intensified. so now he actually swings, and you can make him out... it's getting close to looking as it should. now if only they could get his skull to point down...

about the big thing I think they should change currently at the Mansion is to phase out the old analog radio band transmitters they currently use to create the audio and move over to digital... some updated effects would be nice, too. how about a VIDEO projection of the phantom pianist's shadow? lol.

okay, I admit it, I love how fake and stiff he is. :D

good time to plug my site, too. ;)
http://www.grimghosts.com

HMGhost13

Originally posted by Djali999

good time to plug my site, too. ;)
http://www.grimghosts.com

good site, enjoy that area pretty much. used the plans of the mansion you have to make my sims version of it.

anyway, i agree some added effects ie new ghosts or updates ie digital audio (although the old funky way adds mroe to it you know?) but not Murphy.

bigbadwolf

Originally posted by goonsquads57
The hanged dude has always been kinda hard for me to see. I hope it is clearer when I'm there in 12 days! As for "corniness"...I've always thought that the giant, glow in the dark rubber spider at the top of the staircase was rather cheesey. Wish they could put something else there. It just doesn't seem to fit.

I agree with you 100% on that one... I never really cared for the spiders... They should add some cool stuff there.... Hmmmm.... What should it be?

HMGhost13

Originally posted by bigbadwolf
I agree with you 100% on that one... I never really cared for the spiders... They should add some cool stuff there.... Hmmmm.... What should it be?

rumor has it that a "Body" used to be in the blank web and the web would shake. but it was deemed to frightening for children and removed.

bigbadwolf

yea i remember that! it took place in the brain! We got stuck and coudn't move ect. if you go on bodywars now... You notice this odd transition to leaving the body?!

Joalovar

Eddie Murphy in HM?, I don't think so!

Leave the HM the way it is, improve it with new and better fxs, but don't change it.

The same goes for PoTC.

Joalovar

BTW, I forgot to tell, I was on the HM last september and I saw the hanging man way better than ever before too. I thoght it was just me, but I see I'm not the only one who noticed that! :animwink:

sillyspook13

Re: Re: Re: Haunted Mansion hanging man-better vision?

Originally posted by Woody13
Technically speaking, they cleaned the scrim. It collects a lot of dust over time.
Ah, yes. Scrim is the word I was looking for.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom