Haunted Mansion experience

cmwade77

I think more people are faking the handicap to ride faster. Regardless what they need to do is wait until they have enough handicap to fill several doom buggies at once and stop less often! This would also help the handicap that requires more time. It does really throw off the mood when it stops and a cast member announces the stop.

years ago I had a camcorder with IR lights they stopped the ride and came to tell me to turn the light off. The cast member was a bit embarrassed when I explained its IR and they apologized. I bet I would never get a apology these days!
Honestly, those that are disabled end up waiting longer for this attraction than anyone else. They also can only load so many doom buggies at once of the disabled because the transfer vehicles are spaced apart in the ride and for good reasons, it helps make evacuation easier if necessary.

cmwade77

I don't get why everyone cares, I love when it stops! gives you time to listen to the music or look at everything, take some pictures, even if it is just wallpaper! Plus it doesn't ruin the show, since you literally start moving again, it's not like you're missing anything by having the ride stop, just for it to start moving again.
Same here, unless I get stuck in a spot with nothing to look at, then it is boring.

BubbaisSleep

I don't get why everyone cares, I love when it stops! gives you time to listen to the music or look at everything, take some pictures, even if it is just wallpaper! Plus it doesn't ruin the show, since you literally start moving again, it's not like you're missing anything by having the ride stop, just for it to start moving again.
If it happens one or twice fine. But there is something annoying about having it stop every 2 minutes or so, especially if they have to do that "stay in your doom buggies" announcement again & again in multiple languages.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

1611889936315.png

Stevek

I've always been a HMH fan purely because as an AP, I had plenty of opportunity to visit both the regular and holiday versions multiple times. When it was down for the change over, it didn't bother me since I had ridden it so many times over the years. That being said, I understand how it could be frustrating for the average guest who visits and is unable to experience either version because it's down. I'm pretty much in the camp that HMH can ghost away forever. The park is so popular that I really don't think it makes that much of a difference in drawing crowds beyond the APs who must ride HMH every year just to see the new gingerbread house. I do hope that once the park reopens, especially if it's toward the end of summer, they leave the attraction as is and skip any changeover this year.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I don't mind the occasional stoppage on the ride as others have pointed out you get a chance to look at the scenery in more detail, but multiple stoppages during the ride can get a little annoying.

Now try getting stopped for multiple minutes in front of Ursula. My life will never be the same.

PiratesMansion

I don't mind the occasional stoppage on the ride as others have pointed out you get a chance to look at the scenery in more detail, but multiple stoppages during the ride can get a little annoying.

Now try getting stopped for multiple minutes in front of Ursula. My life will never be the same.
What has always confused me is that practically every time I go on Mansion, I get stopped. Which, you know, fine, I get why.

But I've hardly ever gotten stopped mid-ride for ANY of the other omnimovers in the resort (Buzz, Mermaid, etc), and that's true at WDW too. Maybe people just don't care about the others to the same level? Or there was some technological innovation that somehow made the process more seamless on subsequent versions of the omnimover?

SuddenStorm

What has always confused me is that practically every time I go on Mansion, I get stopped. Which, you know, fine, I get why.

But I've hardly ever gotten stopped mid-ride for ANY of the other omnimovers in the resort (Buzz, Mermaid, etc), and that's true at WDW too. Maybe people just don't care about the others to the same level? Or there was some technological innovation that somehow made the process more seamless on subsequent versions of the omnimover?

I know Buzz and Mermaid have vehicles that look like they accomodate the entire wheelchair, so transferring isn't required. So I'm guessing they just slow the ride down instead of having to outright stop the attraction.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I feel like I always get stuck in the graveyard which is one of my least favorite parts of the ride
I would love to get stuck in the graveyard. After a while all the knocking doors gets annoying when you are stuck there for like 5 to 10 minutes. I have always wanted to get stuck at the ballroom scene so I can soak in the details more, but alas, I have not been that fortunate yet.

I would love to get stuck in the graveyard. After a while all the knocking doors gets annoying when you are stuck there for like 5 to 10 minutes. I have always wanted to get stuck at the ballroom scene so I can soak in the details more, but alas, I have not been that fortunate yet.
i know this is the disneyland section of the form, but for WDW's mansion, i love getting stuck anywhere in the beginning! portrait hall, library, music room, grand stairs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom