Haunted Mansion Changing Portrait Update

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Thelazer

Oddly a black and white photo, could have been done with a low light camera that didn't really cause a noticeable "Flash" in your face.
They've done it for years to illuminate those "security cameras" already around the park.

Castle Cake Apologist

My birdie was correct...

Lord, looking at the comments on this Blog article and the Facebook post, you would think Disney had found a way to give every guest $700,000,000 for riding the ride. Too bad everybody is going to be disappointed when they find out that the picture will be taken in the benign portrait gallery in the beginning of the ride and will likely turn out as exciting as the Space and Pirates photo ops. 🙄

Castle Cake Apologist

Awesome! Now we just need it on the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Disney Pixar Short Film Festival, It's a Small World and Kilamanjaro Safaris.

😂

Anyways, I really do want a picture on Dumbo. Plus, it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Don't forget about photo ops on Living With the Land and Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover! So many exciting moments to choose from for camera placement... Imagine the thrilled looks on guests' faces as the Peoplemover car suddenly ramps up to almost 7mph!

AdventureMP4z

Too bad everybody is going to be disappointed when they find out that the picture will be taken in the benign portrait gallery in the beginning of the ride and will likely turn out as exciting as the Space and Pirates photo ops. 🙄

I think people like it more for the decorative aspect, since it has the ghosts following you home but I see where you're coming from.

fngoofy

Oddly a black and white photo, could have been done with a low light camera that didn't really cause a noticeable "Flash" in your face.
They've done it for years to illuminate those "security cameras" already around the park.
Having worked as a CM back in the day, most of those in ride cameras are/were IR cameras that were like 30fr/min. If you ever watch a video and see a flashing blip in the ride, that's the IR camera. I know now that there are good lowlight cameras they could install in HM, but when you add motion to the equation, I think WDW knows what is needed.

fngoofy

Awesome! Now we just need it on the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Disney Pixar Short Film Festival, It's a Small World and Kilamanjaro Safaris.

😂

Anyways, I really do want a picture on Dumbo. Plus, it wouldn't be that hard to do.
I want vids from walking around in the park. They can use AI to pic the ones where we are happy and not the meltdown ones. I really would love to see a vid of us walking up to Space Mountain all excited. Or boarding BTMRR. I bet it's not far off.

AdventureMP4z

I want vids from walking around in the park. They can use AI to pic the ones where we are happy and not the meltdown ones. I really would love to see a vid of us walking up to Space Mountain all excited. Or boarding BTMRR. I bet it's not far off.

THAT would be cool!!!

tomast

As some already said there is a new Photo Opportunity on Haunted Mansion

My birdie was correct...

Wait. is it actually taking the photos in the portrait hallway? I would think the exit crypt is where it was going. I don't think you'd get good pictures in the portrait hallway because of the flashing lightning from the windows.

Nope, they are talking actual flash pictures, and they aren't using the lightning. I saw an instagram story of this guy who constantly goes there, and he shows how annoying it is, you can even see the reflection of it in the music parlor. Every few seconds, the medusa & black prince portraits flash even brighter than they already do to capture the picture, even if they are mid-transformation. i might be going in june to see them for real, but he says that it looks worse in person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom