haunted manision secrets

pilka214

Original Poster
if you have never been on this ride or wish to keep all of its mystery please do NOT read this it is filled with spoilers

1. the towers over the hm. many say they are chess pieces and all. right . wrong they are not in anyway tryying to resemble chess pieces

2. the wdw haunted manision is a Dutch Gothic manor

3. inside the hearse in front of the hm there is an invitation to join the 999 happy haunts

4. the hm was not originally gracey manor (from the movie and tombstone) yale gracey was one of the lead imagineers working on the hm.

5. the thing hanging above you in the stretching room is master gracey ( most wdw fans should kno this)

6. at one point the mansions had live actors in a knight costume scare guest but this proved harmful to both the actor and guest

7. the "breathing door" in the corridor of doors is from the 1963 movie the haunting

8. the 13 hour clock actually is a face it has eyes the face of the clock is its mouth and the pendelum is a tail, as well if u watch closely a shadow of a demons hand appears on the wall

9. madame leota ( the disembodied head in the ball) is actually a projection of the head of Imagineer Leota Toombs ( plz excuse me if i spelled her last name wrong it may be Tombes)

10. the organ at dl's hm in the grand ballroom is captain nemo's organ. actually used in 20k under the sea movie.

11. the illusion that u see in the ball room is called "peppers ghost" it is incredibly easy using only a light animatronics and a window

12. "grim grinning ghosts" the ghostly song in the graveyard was written by X. Antecio. X. also wrote "yo, ho yo,ho pirates life for me" from potc

13. the five singing busts have character names. from right to left they are: Ned Nub, Uncle Theodore, Rollo Rumkin, Phineas puck, and Cousin Al

14. the three hitchhiking ghost also have names, ezra: the tall one holding his hat. Phineas: the chubby one with the bag in his hand. And Gus: the short little convict with the long white beard

15. the ghost following you home trick isn a one way see through mirror. the ghost is on the other side with a special light so u see your reflection with the ghost next to u ::: at paris's the phantom creeps over your doom buggie so u cant c it

16 at the end you hear a little voice beckoning you to return and bring your death certificate and if you look up you will see a minature bride doll talking. this is the same face as you see in the crystal ball. this little doll is referred to as " little leota"

and thats all i have if you want to read more go to www.doombuggies.com

Dr.Seeker

Did you know a grad died in the mansion after getting out of his doom buggy in the Leota scene not realising there wasn't a floor he fell to his death.

Don't worry there's a safety net now but still dont try it.

If you're looking for more visit www.doombuggies.com for stuff.

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by Dr.Seeker
Did you know a grad died in the mansion after getting out of his doom buggy in the Leota scene not realising there wasn't a floor he fell to his death.

You know, it may seem sick, but I kind of chuckle when I hear things like this. I mean, it's natural selection working at its best.

You are told to stay seated, and there is a natural understanding that you're not supposed to get out of a CLOSED vehicle, while its moving, inside an attraction. I have absolutely zero sympathy for morons like that (if it even is true....not confirmed).

sissa216

Originally posted by Dr.Seeker

Yeah, there's a floor there,even around Leota. I've walked around it. You're up on a platform, but its solid. Even if you could fall through, its only 10 feet up or so, so you wouldn't be falling to your death. At no point in the Mansion are you ever suspended in air or anything...its all solid ground.
The track is raised up a bit so maintenance can stand underneath and do their work.
In Leota's room there is more of a drop off since the track doesn't run up against the wall, but in order to fall (the whole ten feet) you'd have to jump through the buggies to get behind them and then over a wall. And that still wouldn't kill you (except you'd fall on boxes and maintenance stuff)
What could have happened is something that happened not too long ago (maybe in December) when my roommate was working- you can get caught between the buggies, since it is running on a track..you're leg or something can get caught and pretty cut up, but you can't fall through. Its impossible.
Of all the attractions, I think the Mansion is the coolest to see in normal light, but its also the most disappointing.

raven

Originally posted by sissa216
Of all the attractions, I think the Mansion is the coolest to see in normal light, but its also the most disappointing.

Ive been a HM fan since I was 10. But I'd still like to see the backstage areas and with the lights on. I don't think that I'd be dissapointed, just thrilled!

sissa216

naw it doesn't really ruin the magic, it is really cool to see bow the effects work. But besides the effects its not very glamorous..its dirty and dusty and boring (you wouldn't know you were in an attraction).
But it is a really cool place to explore

Cresh69

Leaving the ride!

My favorite part of the ride is after you get off of it and are walking outside. there is a concrete slab that has the name of Henry the VIII's wives. It says the seventh did him in. The last name is Lucretia which is my name! I discovered this when I was five and loved it b/c not many ppl where I am from has my name! Every year I have gone, I have a picture of myslef pointing to the name!

Gurgi

With regard sto some of the HM facts, On the Keys to the Kingdom tour they explain that the mansion towers are chess Pieces.

You might be right as the CM that took us around was an idiot and dont know why he was doing the job! However he must've had the right information I think.

Chux

Our Keys to the Kingdom Guide also said that they were Chess Pieces, as the Imagineer was said to always have a few games of chess going. I looked, and it's pretty much true. She also told us the only piece not present was the Knight.

pilka214

Original Poster
THEY ARE NOT CHESS PIECES....... yes i know they look like this but the imagineers did not intend to do this. In the book " The Haunted Masion: from the magic kingdom to the movies" it says

" Over the years, many fans have speculated that the mansion's stone turrets are oversized chess pieces with every piece represented except the knight (who can be found inside, the urban legend says). not so, according to Imagineers. Although some of the turrets and ornamentation do, indeed, look like chess pieces, all are typical of the Mansion's architect.ural style and period, and the resemblance is purely coinidental."

this is quoted straight from the book. on page 49, for anyone who has the book.

here is a link to buy the book it is really nice and tells all about this ride. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786854197/doombuggiescom/102-6825285-8271308

Chux

Then what does the book say the "Official" story for the ride is? I've been told no matter what a cast member says it was originally meant to be a Retirement home for ghosts.

pilka214

Original Poster
there is no actual story for dl, wdw, or tokyo. but paris has one. but what you said before chux it was orginally a retirment home for ghosts. there was even a sign. but i cant find the pic. sry

Captain Hank

One thing that wasn't mentioned was the eye motif. All through the ride there are faces and eyes worked into the wallpaper, furniture, everywhere. The Imagineers wanted people to feel that they were constantly being watched. This was continued in the movie. If you notice, there are eyes on the bottom of the movie's gate.

Also, take a close look at the new Leota tombstone. Every so often, the face on the stone opens her eyes, looks around, and goes back to sleep. All of the tombstones in the queue contain references to Imagineers who helped design the attraction.

And finally, the celing in the stretch room actually goes up, as opposed to the floor going down. The effect was orignially designed for DL as an actual elevator to allow guests to go under the railroad and enter the show building. Since WDW allotted space for the entire show building within the park, there was no need for the floor to go down. Take a look at the floor as you enter or leave the stretch room. There is no separation which shows that the floor remains where it is.

BenS

Originally posted by pilka214
1. the towers over the hm. many say they are chess pieces and all. right . wrong they are not in anyway tryying to resemble chess pieces
Not right, they are supposed to be chess pieces. Every piece is there except the Knight because it's always "knight" inside, get it? (yeah, it's a kinda stupid joke, but I didn't make the ride :lol: )

Frees Fan

Ahhhhhhhhh...my favorite subject.

Did you know that the hearse outside the mansion was used in a 1965 John Wayne film called The Sons of Katie Elder.

As far as the turrets and the whole chess pieces thing goes, here's a direct quote from the book "The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies" :

" Over the years, many fans have speculated that the Mansion's stone turrets are oversized chess pieces, with every piece represented except the kinght (who can be found inside, the urban legend says). Not so, according to Imagineers. Although some of the turrets and ornamentation do, indeed, look like chess pieces, all are typical of the Mansion's architectural style and period, and the resemblance is purely coincidental. "

This can be found on page 49 of the book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom