Haunted House in DL

beefog

Original Poster
I've read that they do an overlay of Nightmare before Christmas at the Haunted Mansion in DL, does anyone have a link to a ride thru video of this overlay? I don't hink I'll make it to DL anytime soon, and I would love to see it.

beefog

Original Poster
That looks awesome, I wish they would bring it to WDW. But I guess if you are not a Nightmare fan then I could see why you would hate it. BUt to me ITS AWESOME

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That looks awesome, I wish they would bring it to WDW. But I guess if you are not a Nightmare fan then I could see why you would hate it. BUt to me ITS AWESOME
Bringing it to WDW has been discussed many times but due to several logistic reasons,mainly the length of time HM needs to be closed to do the overlay, it does not look like it will ever happen.

Maryssa*

The Nightmare Before Xmas stuff isnt there anymore =/ I'm not sure if it's going to come back at all actually, I think I heard something about their contract expiring? I actually kind of preferred this version so I will miss it.

kcnole

The contract doesn't expire. Nightmare before Christmas will be back this year. In fact, HM is about to go down to put it up. The good thing about this overlay is that the DL HM gets a refurb every year while they do this overlay. Ours wouldn't be in such horrid shape if we had this overlay every year.

maharet97a

The HM opened up on Friday with the Nightmare overlay. Don't know where the contract expiring rumor started (this is the second time I've heard it), but just check out the Disneyland offical site to see. DLR Tokyo also uses this I believe.

crazycalf

I went on HMH for the first time on Friday.
I loved it.
I was never on the regular HM at DL but compared to WDW they change just about everything in the ride.

TP2000

But I guess if you are not a Nightmare fan then I could see why you would hate it. BUt to me ITS AWESOME

I've never seen the Nightmare Before Christmas movie, or any Tim Burton movie for that matter, and I love the Haunted Mansion Holiday. I have no emotional connection to the Jack Skellington character, or any of the Holiday characters added each year, but the ride is awesome.

I don't think you need to have seen the movie to enjoy it. My family hasn't seen the movie either, and all we know is that Jack wants to decorate the Haunted Mansion for Christmas but he kind of gets it messed up. And that's all you need to know to have a fantastic time on Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Heck, when I was in Tokyo Disneyland all the dialogue and spiels by the CM's were in Japanese, I had no idea what they were saying, and it was still awesome.

Dragonrider1227

I heared Tim Burton doesn't want this done anymore because he feels it's getting too "commerical" and that this is supposed to be it's last year. Is that true?

darthjohnny

I heared Tim Burton doesn't want this done anymore because he feels it's getting too "commerical" and that this is supposed to be it's last year. Is that true?

I doubt it. If they were going to stop it, why would they promote it by releasing The Nightmare Before Christmas in Disney Digital 3-D.

Also, I believe that Tim Burton does not have direct control over the characters since it is a Disney/Touchstone film. But they strongly value his opinion. :)

Dragonrider1227

I doubt it. If they were going to stop it, why would they promote it by releasing The Nightmare Before Christmas in Disney Digital 3-D.

Also, I believe that Tim Burton does not have direct control over the characters since it is a Disney/Touchstone film. But they strongly value his opinion. :)
I thought I heard DIsney needs to get Burton's permission to use his characters in these sort of things and that he allowed the ide for a while, but decided it was getting too commerical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom