Haunted Hay Ride

SGT623

I have read it on several sites (Dis boards, Mice Chat) and it presented a fact not rumor. As usual Disney's official has no information on it at all.

Well I can present it as a fact now too. I just got back from Fort Wilderness and got the info straight from the source. No HH this year. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This makes the new Hayride pin a little unconnected. BOO BOO BOO!

SGT623

Almost forgot...I also grabed a pic of the poster for the hayride:

CIMG7455b.jpg

Greenlawler

I knew about the paintbrush, but the Hayride? This is the first I have heard of it. I always considered myself a Disney fan who knew the ins and outs but I guess not. What are some other little known Disney secrets? I understand if you would rather private message me, it would be appreciated.

marine1

question off topic but still relevant if the horseman is not in the hayride. will he still be at the halloween parades at night or no because if not then this seriously upsets me an million of other people who are dying to see him i didnt mean that literally folks.

MinnieLee

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the info. My husband is going to be SOOOOO disappointed there is no, well you know! I had already ordered my tickets but was not sure if it would be Chip & Dale dressed as ghosts or a little something extra. This is our 11th Halloween at Disney (I need my Disney "fix" twice a year) and besides MNSSHP and Food & Wine we always try to find something different. Sounds like fun and it doesn't take much to make us happy when you're at Disney! ºoº 7 MORE DAYS TO GO!:wave:

MinnieLee

Original Poster
question off topic but still relevant if the horseman is not in the hayride. will he still be at the halloween parades at night or no because if not then this seriously upsets me an million of other people who are dying to see him i didnt mean that literally folks.

I hope they don't stop the headless horseman at the parade! They stopped the old story teller in Liberty Square about three years ago who used to tell the story of "Poor Icabar Crane" but it would be very disappointing to see the headless horseman gone! It is so great to see him coming down the street but I have yet to get a really good picture.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I hope they don't stop the headless horseman at the parade! They stopped the old story teller in Liberty Square about three years ago who used to tell the story of "Poor Icabar Crane" but it would be very disappointing to see the headless horseman gone! It is so great to see him coming down the street but I have yet to get a really good picture.
I went to the 9/29 MNSSHP and I can confirm that the Headless horseman still does ride to start the parade......weather permitting.

rangerbob

I had another thread on here but I can't find it on here. I was on the Halloween Hayride the first night that they were running it. There isn't a headless horseman anymore. It is about the town of Vineland, FL and the whole town went missing. The only thing that is left of the town of 44 is 4 graves and no records of anything else. There is some scare to it for the children. It was a pretty good storyline and did tell about the area. I don't want to give up any spoilers. They do have other people on horseback though.

coasterphil

I just thought I'd bring this thread back with my review of the experience. In short, it was just too short for me. I understand the length hasn't changed at all, so that probably won't matter much to you guys. The actual meat of the ride was still good if you ask me. Obviously regular old ghosts on horseback coming out of the fog isn't going to be as effective as the previous star, but they still did a great job.

As far as the absence of that certain someone, I totally understand Disney's concerns after riding it. My ride was filled with drunken adults and a-hole kids who decided they were the show, not the CMs. They were reaching over the sides to try and touch the actors and their horses. They wouldn't shut up the entire ride, and didn't listen to anything that the CMs said (standing up and reaching over the sides were the main problems). I wanted to say something about it after the ride, but figured that it wouldn't really be worth it. It isn't Disney's fault that the other guests were obnoxious.

Horizonstta

I took my family last night and wasn't all that impressed, although my 8 year old seemed to enjoy it, at least after it was over. I was told the storyline was changed because of past complaints of the ride being too scary. Now, I think it's the exact opposite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom