Haunted Hay Ride

rmbean

We went a couple years ago so things may have changed a bit.

Not sure what you want to know, but we really enjoyed it. Having been to DW more times than I can count, it was really nice to do something unique. You meet outside the general store at the Wilderness Campground and hop aboard the hay wagon. The trip takes you around the campgrounds while the driver tells "spooky" tales. Without adding any spoilers... at a couple points in the trip you get to see "live" examples of the stories he is telling.

It is certainly not a "scary" ride, although it is dark and there are a few surpises. I think spooky might be the best way to describe it. Again, we had a great time and recommend it to our friends if they are down around Halloween. If you have any more specific questions, let me know.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There are 2 changes that I have heard of for this year. First, tickets will be able to be pre-purchased so no having to show up at FW at 7:00 AM. Second one of the best elements of the ride will no longer be there. See below for spoiler.

*SPOILER WARNING!!!!!*

highlight to read
No headless horseman chasing the wagon this year.

blackerbys17

I'm sorry, that is just stupid! That is the whole point of the haunted hay ride! I was so excited when you said we could pre-purchase, I am one of the many that gets up real early to go hunt down some tickets but now that I know that element is gone, forget it.
:fork:

What were they thinking? :confused:

darthjohnny

There are 2 changes that I have heard of for this year. First, tickets will be able to be pre-purchased so no having to show up at FW at 7:00 AM. Second one of the best elements of the ride will no longer be there. See below for spoiler.

*SPOILER WARNING!!!!!*

highlight to read
No headless horseman chasing the wagon this year.

So why did they do this?

What's the point of even going on it anymore?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm sorry, that is just stupid! That is the whole point of the haunted hay ride! I was so excited when you said we could pre-purchase, I am one of the many that gets up real early to go hunt down some tickets but now that I know that element is gone, forget it.
:fork:

What were they thinking? :confused:
My thoughts exactly. We were planning a special weekend trip just to do the hay ride but once we read that he was no more we decided to skip it.

SGT623

Is this a definite? I have a hard time believing they would do this. Especially after seeing the new Hayride pin that just came out

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So why did they do this?

What's the point of even going on it anymore?
No idea. To me it would rank up there with taking the Yeti out of E:E.

The new story is about the town of Vineland, FL and the mysterious disappearance of its inhabitants just after the turn of the 20th century.

coasterphil

I've got a group of 10 riding it on the 27th. We wanted to do a Halloween activity that would fit ages 7-75 that wasn't as expensive as MNSSHP, so this was the best option. I hope the new ride is as good as the previous storyline as that always got great reviews.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is this a definite? I have a hard time believing they would do this. Especially after seeing the new Hayride pin that just came out
I have read it on several sites (Dis boards, Mice Chat) and it presented a fact not rumor. As usual Disney's official has no information on it at all.

devoy1701

I was seriously thinking of adding another day to be able to fit the hayride in but if they take out the best parts then why bother...... :(

along with what you and Master Yoda said right before you. I do think the new storyline sounds interesting though...maybe it's worth a try... and Yoda...I've found alot of pretty need "special things" that Disney offers that they don't advertise. I kind of think it makes it alittle more special that you can only find some things out by word of mouth. Example: it would ruin the effect of Tom Sawyers Island if in the MK Map it said: "Explore the caves, the fortress, and surrounding area to see if you can uncover the hidden White Wash Brush! Bring it to a Cast Member for a special surprise...which is a set of Fast Passes"

Extreme example maybe....I really hope that dtuneslive comes back up soon. I'm running out of things to comment on so I'm spending all my song browsing time reading through threads!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
along with what you and Master Yoda said right before you. I do think the new storyline sounds interesting though...maybe it's worth a try... and Yoda...I've found alot of pretty need "special things" that Disney offers that they don't advertise. I kind of think it makes it alittle more special that you can only find some things out by word of mouth. Example: it would ruin the effect of Tom Sawyers Island if in the MK Map it said: "Explore the caves, the fortress, and surrounding area to see if you can uncover the hidden White Wash Brush! Bring it to a Cast Member for a special surprise...which is a set of Fast Passes"

Extreme example maybe....I really hope that dtuneslive comes back up soon. I'm running out of things to comment on so I'm spending all my song browsing time reading through threads!
I like hidden things as well, the paint brushes are a great example, but there should be at least some basic information on hard ticked events like the Haunted Hay ride should you search for it. It does not even need to be listed on a main page but if you type in "haunted hay ride" into the search the search engine on Disney.com you top 5 results should not be.

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Magic Kingdom
3. The Hollywood Brown Derby
4. Pal Micky
5. The Tomorrowland super speedway.

(And yes those are the actual top 5 results)

devoy1701

I like hidden things as well, the paint brushes are a great example, but there should be at least some basic information on hard ticked events like the Haunted Hay ride should you search for it. It does not even need to be listed on a main page but if you type in "haunted hay ride" into the search the search engine on Disney.com you top 5 results should not be.

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Magic Kingdom
4. Pal Micky

Point taken...I haven't gone looking for it, but my guess is that you find it somewhere hidden on the Fort Wilderness Page?

coasterphil

The Haunted Hayride is no where on Disney's site. I was looking for it to figure out whether I could reserve it with the WDW-PLAY number or if I had to call the ranch. I ended up calling the basic number and the girl on the phone had never even heard of it and just told me to go over to Fort Wilderness to get info. Pretty sad if you ask me.

devoy1701

The Haunted Hayride is no where on Disney's site. I was looking for it to figure out whether I could reserve it with the WDW-PLAY number or if I had to call the ranch. I ended up calling the basic number and the girl on the phone had never even heard of it and just told me to go over to Fort Wilderness to get info. Pretty sad if you ask me.

the first time I called to get information about my sleigh ride for my December trip I had to explain to the CM what I was talking about...And had to say 3 or 4 times that I was not talking about the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness...

Interesting note though, I was thinking about applying to the Disney Reservation Center here in Tampa and one of the preferred skills is:
-Demonstrated knowledge of Walt Disney World products and services.

Meaning that they hope that you know alot about Disney before you apply...but if you don't, it's ok, they'll teach you the basics...

PhilharMagician

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Magic Kingdom
4. Pal Micky

The search engine on Disney.com really su*ks. It typically gives you all kinds of unrelated info.:rolleyes:

devoy1701

Ok. I've tried looking for information on the hay ride on several different websites.....

So where is the information on the Haunted Hay Ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom