hat's off to you brits

dopey

Original Poster
according to cnn, the editors of the oxford english dictionary had the good sense to include the homer simpson catchphrase "doh!" as a new officially english word in the revised edition. :eek:

to quote homer himself, "phbttt. english. who needs that? i'm never going to england."

next up i'm sure is "don't have a cow, man" and "eat my shorts."

it's also interesting that they chose to include "bad hair day" and "mullet" at the same time. for those who don't know, a mullet is a bad 80s style haircut that's long in front and back and short on the sides. david spade sports to, um, do, in his most recent flop, er, film, "joe dirt."

markymark

Cheers Dopey - it's nice to see that the way to win you guys over is by including a stereotypical american guy's catchphrase into the "Oxford". I wonder what's next ? Some fine quote perhaps by good ole George Dubya. Wasn't it something like he wants more imports coming from the states - perhaps a definition of "Imports" Mr Bush.

Anyhoo all this aside, I personally am "chuffed as buttons" that the boy Homer has made it into the dictionary - he is one "top drawer chap, and no mistake" (done in the voice of Bert from Mary Poppins - "heeelaw meeary popbinz!!")

And thanks again Dopey fro the vote of confidence.

dopey

Original Poster
mm, you crack me up. :D i'm going to try to use the phrase "chuffed as buttons" as many times as possible today.

the latest from dubya, who, i'm sure you're painfully aware is touring europe:

european "nervousness" over the administration's missle defense plan is "beginning to be allayed when they hear the logic behind the rationale."

let's see those oxford boys sort that one out.

:rolleyes:

doh!

markymark

What!! you think thats confusing - you should have heard some of the guff they came out with for our General Election!!

We heard that some of you guys wanted us to keep Dubya over here, but I hear that there is a deposit on him. If we send him back we get 25 cents and a free bottle of lemonade!

Glad you like "chuffed as buttons" I'll try to come up with some others. I'm sure Lightbeer will help.

AAAAWWW its a jolly holeeedaiii with Meeary......

dopey

Original Poster
if ya keep him, we'll throw in a side of usda-inspected texas beef and the twins, jenna and barbara. and some beer money.

markymark

mmmmm sounds tempting, but no, he's yours and you can keep him.

We've got Tony Blair!!

hang on!!!! didn't see you had offered beer money. Now you have got my attention.

I'll see what the rest of the Brits say and get back to you!

MISS MINNIE

hats off to you brits

I have been "talking" to you tonight Jason and I cannot honestly believe that you like hm???(lol) (lots of love or lots of laughs??) r did you do (Michael Portillo ) then why??:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom