Has Magic Kingdom nighttime atmosphere ever been the same since Spectromagic Left?

TTA94

On this Magic Night is such an amazing song because its not just about Disney Fantasy but Any moment in life. It’s about the best things in life and the best parts that would forever live in our dreams. the music in itself was so full and ground shaking it can stir up the emotion in anyone. I just don’t see how that song in some form didn’t survive the demise of the parade.

I hope we haven’t heard the last of that song. The question is does SpectroMagic still have any meaning in the minds of those at TDO, Or is it something that’s never to be heard or spoken of again. That ultimately depends on the true reasoning for the parades destruction. And whether we do hear any kind of nods to Spectro depends on who the designer is for a new parade. If it’s Steve Davison forget about it lol.

Speaking of new parade I am curious what became of the new parade that was said, I believe by @marni1971 before covid, to be in development. Going to assume it didn’t make it off paper, but hopefully not axed and forgotten about. Unless of course it was a bad design and we’re better off it didn’t happen lol.

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I hope we haven’t heard the last of that song. The question is does SpectroMagic still have any meaning in the minds of those at TDO, Or is it something that’s never to be heard or spoken of again. That ultimately depends on the true reasoning for the parades destruction. And whether we do hear any kind of nods to Spectro depends on who the designer is for a new parade. If it’s Steve Davison forget about it lol.

Speaking of new parade I am curious what became of the new parade that was said, I believe by @marni1971 before covid, to be in development. Going to assume it didn’t make it off paper, but hopefully not axed and forgotten about. Unless of course it was a bad design and we’re better off it didn’t happen lol.
I really thought that song would appear again in a firework show. I’m holding hope that they are holding out on Spectromagic to either increase the hype or an already existing title or hoping we forgot about it and they can pass off what’s left of it as a new show.

MaryJaneP

The incomparable and unmatched musicality of "On this Magic Night" and the entire Spectromagic soundtrack is so superior to the broken and depressing funeral march of MSEP that TDO may be incapable of doing anything so excellent. TDO may be left to recycle a decrepit MSEP again as part of their continuing slide down the slippery slope to irrelevance.

TTA94

I really thought that song would appear again in a firework show. I’m holding hope that they are holding out on Spectromagic to either increase the hype or an already existing title or hoping we forgot about it and they can pass off what’s left of it as a new show.

Can’t remember who it was that hinted of a possible mixture of old and new floats for a “new” parade? Think it was @The Visionary Soul ? Sorry if I’m wrong. I’d prefer all brand new floats but if some Spectro floats do still exist I wouldn’t complain! Of course that was just one of the many rumors and pre covid.

aladdin2007

Things are so desperate I would even take Nightfall Glow over nothing...not as opulent as spectro was, but its pretty and has a certain grandness to it. But they dont want that kind of thing in the parks anymore...so.....back to cropped together tictok type shows...anything to pander to the instagram crowd,,,thats what its come down to Im afraid....:banghead:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Can’t remember who it was that hinted of a possible mixture of old and new floats for a “new” parade? Think it was @The Visionary Soul ? Sorry if I’m wrong. I’d prefer all brand new floats but if some Spectro floats do still exist I wouldn’t complain! Of course that was just one of the many rumors and pre covid.
Before Spectro left I was told a few things, one that it was total refurbishment even a refreshed soundtrack, another said that it was going to be remade with similar or identical units. If that had been the truth it would explain the demise of the current parade, the holdout would be to increase hype I suspect. Now in the works of all this you have to remember Disney World has changed for the worse as well as many plans real fast around the same time.

FettFan

But it still “exists”. Just like your old car analogy, the parade and your old car could be put back into service with some new imagination and make it much better than when it was put out to the yard.

Yes. Like how SpectroMagic "existed" back when the handful of floats that weren't rotted away were used as temporary security fencing that time President Obama wanted to make a speech.

We all remember that day well. It was in January 2012; Spectro's last show was in 2010.

Naturally, the rumor mill started talking about Spectro coming back for summer 2012.

Alas, it was not to be. In 2013, Disney said Spectro was permanently closed, and in 2014, they gave the floats the Fargo treatment and started selling pins containing the bits and pieces.
s-l400.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The crowd level in 2006 was vastly different…

So if you want to ruminate for 3000 pages on the “why?” Things were better/people where happier…

…you can swing back by and pick me on on this point when you’re done 👍🏻

surfsupdon

The crowds were different.

But now we have that new and improved hub and the bypasses of Main Street. Seems like a perfect set up for a night parade to help with congestion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The crowds were different.

But now we have that new and improved hub and the bypasses of Main Street. Seems like a perfect set up for a night parade to help with congestion.
Parades are 3 things:

1. Create crowds
2. Divert staff (they don’t like that)
3. Fleeting…as in they last for 15 minutes. Has anyone ever considered that in a situation where the parks are “strained” often times, they don’t really want flow for a parade?

The parks are underinvested and they been caught for going on 15 years. Blame Bob Iger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom