Has HarmonioUS and/or Enchantment Grown on You?

I will be at Disney first week of December and will check them out. I've seen both shows via vloggers and Enchantment more than likely will be one that I will start to watch but will move on.. Harmonious - looks good via internet but we'll see

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I enjoy Enchantment! I've seen it once at Magic Kingdom and happened to see it three different times from Polynesian. It's definitely not as good as Happily Ever After (or Wishes đź‘€), but I do think it has emotional appeal and I still find it worthy of camping out on Main Street for a spot. The "I Am Moana" segment gives me chills and really saves the show for me.

I personally did not love Harmonious but have only seen it once. It's visually stunning, but I do not think it lived up to the hype. I was really excited for Mulan to finally have more representation, which was my favorite part, but other than that it hasn't surpassed "meh" for me.

correcaminos

Enchantment fireworks are fine. Music is okay and I thought it was an okay show before anyway. I haven't been a fan of fireworks at MK for a while as they focus on story and such that I always find cheesy. These are fireworks that I will watch from outside the park and enjoy.

Nothing about Harmonious makes those ugly barges worth it. Sorry, never will.

gsimpson

The projections and narration of Enchantment leaves something to be desired. The music seems disjointed to me, but I am not an expert in music. Harmonious is just plain awful. It has grown on me like a boil. I used to see Reflections many times a year, now I won't even both to go to Epcot if I have nothing else to do. On the good news side now I can stand in lines for the "last rides of the night" instead of looking for a space around the lagoon. Footnote/question: Who thought it would be a good idea to take a 360 degree venue and limit the "good" viewing areas to about 10-15 degrees on either side (otherwise you can't see the images well)? That was just stupid on an epic level.

Stevek

I'm a Disneylander, just got back from WDW last night after an 8 day stay. I was very skeptical about both shows from the limited videos and feedback I had seen on various social media platforms. Here's what I thought of both shows.

Enchantment - We stood dead center of main street by Casey's. Great fireworks display, music sounds great but for something that should be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Resort...completely misses the mark. I will judge everything against Remember...Dreams Come True which truly was a celebration of Disneyland. This pulled zero heartstrings, just another clip show.

Harmonious - We sat pretty much as close to center as possible given the stage is up for the festival of the holidays which would block that true center view. This is the one I was really most concerned with as I loved Illuminations. Man, I'm happy that my concerns were unfounded. This show is stunning and I while some may think it's another clip show, actually using native languages and sticking to films that are relatable to World Showcase i.e. not using Toy Story or Cars for example, works as a theme. And yes, the barges are an absolute eyesore during the day but what they do with them for this show is nothing short of amazing. I really, really enjoyed this show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom