Has anyone used "The Official Ticket Center"

mbroschak

Hey everyone,

I booked accommodation through David's DVC point rental service and he has a link for cheaper park tickets on http://officialticketcenter.com and since he is a BBB listed business and has a great reputation, I assume that a place selling cheaper park tickets that he endorses would be legit.

Between 10 day park hoppers for 2 people, 2 day Universal park hoppers and La Nouba tickets, the total savings are about $80. Seems worth it for the quick stop to go pick them up on the way to WDW from the airport. Is there any downside to using this service? I appreciate the advice!

linn9431

Sorry I have never used them either. I am in the same boat as you, I just booked rooms off site and am looking for the best rate for a 7 day base ticket but I seems like most places only discount the tickets about 7 dollars or so. I am surprised that there are not better deals out there. Do you know how much the discount is for the site you are using? My thought is that if I am only going to save about 30 bucks with an unknown site I will just go with disney and not have to worry about it.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I'm sorry, but threads like this drive me crazy. When it comes to park tickets, BUY DIRECTLY FROM DISNEY/UNIVERSAL, or worst case, AAA. Why take the chance over an $80 savings?

BTW, no offense to the posters asking. Sorry if I was rude. It's just really not worth the risk to save a few bucks.

Upvote 0

mbroschak

Original Poster
Fair enough, Captain Kidd, I appreciate your perspective. Even using David's points rental has made me nervous and I researched it for months and even talked to a few poeple over the phone before I felt comfortable using his service, but our flights alone being $1400, this trip before we even get there is over $5000, so was just looking to save a few bucks, but I do agree its not worth the risk and have decided to buy from Disney. Thanks

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I think you're making the right decision.

Don't get me wrong - I don't blame you at all for trying to save a few bucks. I've just seen and heard about too many instances where buying tickets from anyone else but Disney results in disaster.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Official Ticket Center, Maple Leaf Tickets, and UnderCoverTourist are all completely legit and trustworthy ticket brokers.

I am sure there are others, but I am familiar with these 3.

Upvote 0

EveCCC

Be extremely cautious when using this website! Both Universal and Disney (Orlando) are issuing non-expiring park ticket credits for people who couldn't use all the days on their tickets due to Hurricane Irma. However, neither were able to issuing us the credits since I didn't purchase the tickets directly from them and asked me to contact where I purchased the tickets, The Official Ticket Center. Here comes the best part, a lady from The Official Ticket Center not only told me that she cannot issue me the ticket credits (even though Universal and Disney are,) she said, "It is your fault that you fled the area and couldn't use the tickets." Excuse me? So I should have stayed in a Hurricane area with potential storm surge and while the theme parks were closed? That makes no sense at all and sounded cold blooded. And I spoke to the owner Douglas Pulliam and he concurred with the previous customer service representative. So, if you don't mind wasting money and purchasing non-guaranteed theme park tickets plus cold and absurd customer services, by all means, feel free to use this website for your expensive theme park tickets.

Upvote 0

EveCCC

I'm sorry, but threads like this drive me crazy. When it comes to park tickets, BUY DIRECTLY FROM DISNEY/UNIVERSAL, or worst case, AAA. Why take the chance over an $80 savings?

BTW, no offense to the posters asking. Sorry if I was rude. It's just really not worth the risk to save a few bucks.
You are so right! I shouldn't have used The Official Ticket Center!!

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

You are so right! I shouldn't have used The Official Ticket Center!!
So the few dollars you saved by not buying directly from Disney and Universal wasn't worth it after all. I'm not being snarky. I'm sorry this happened to you but the tiny bit of savings is never worth the risk

Upvote 0

EngineerMom

So I am looking at the Official Ticket Center for our Universal Tickets.
I have bought from Undercover Tourist EVERY time. I don't actually think I have ever bought direct from Disney and we NEVER had a problem.
This year we were looking at Undercover Tourist for our Universal tickets but there was a BIG savings with Official Ticket center.
$60 cheaper for a 2 day ticket. Start multiplying that by our group of 10 and its not nothing.

So I understand about some sort of refund but that I am OK with. As long as they are real tickets we can use.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Also, if your employer is a part of ticketsatwork.com, we've saved a lot through them. We were able to plug the ticket numbers directly into our magic bands without difficulty. The one time we had an issue with the ticket number, I showed Disney the email and they issued us direct tickets from them. They sell La Nouba, park hopper tickets (n' more) as well as all the other theme park tickets in Orlando. But if I couldn't use them, I probably would stick with Disney.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom