Has Anyone Stayed At Pop Century Lately?

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hi All. I will be staying at Pop Century in late October of this year and was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently. If so, how was the resort? Thanks!

Becky

Hi All. I will be staying at Pop Century in late October of this year and was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently. If so, how was the resort? Thanks!
We've stayed Pop over 30 times in the past 10 years. It is not the Grand Floridian which is why we can go to WDW 3-4 times a year rather than once. We spend all our time in the parks and just sleep and shower in the room so we don't need deluxe. No restaurant at Pop but a nice food court (we eat in the parks). Pop does NOT share buses with any other resort which is a plus. Double beds instead of queens. Very, very Disney themed.

Margot van Laar

We stayed there in April this year as first timers, for about two and a half weeks. Our room was located in the 60s building by the main pool and close to pop food court and the busses. It was a quite room though at 3rd floor facing the hour lake.
The room itself was basic but clean and we were out most days anyways :) we wanted a kingsize room in the beginning and they offered us a roomswitch for the next day but after our first night we cancelled that because our room was perfect and quite. Had an amazing time at pop and would come back!

JohnD

Great resort. I recommend staying in the 60s section. Close to the pool, food court, and buses. There is only one bus depot at the resort meaning they go straight to the parks and vice-versa. Agree with the great theming.

Kate Alan

Pop is my go-to hotel on property. I was there in December and will be back this year. A highlight is the dedicated bus line - I hate "wasting" time going between resorts before heading to the parks, so that's a big plus for me. I think the theming is very whimsical, and even though they just have the food court/cafeteria QS, I've found it to be just fine. Accommodations are basic, but they've always been clean and comfortable for me, which is all I'm looking for.

HolleBolleGijs

I stayed there two years ago, and it's definitely a fun resort! That said, it's basically the same as the other values, but with different theming. For my previous three trips, I had stayed at all three All-Stars, so by the time I got to Pop, I was just tired of it. Don't let that discourage you though, I'm sure you'll have a blast! You might have some long walks to your room, but the key difference between Pop and the All-Stars is that Pop has it's own bus, whereas the All-Stars often share. So transportation to and from the parks is a breeze!

I've heard that the AoA food court is much better (although I've never eaten there), and depending on where your room is located, the walk to AoA might be comparable to the walk to Pop's food court. Definitely worth a shot if you want a change of scenery for breakfast!

alex_p_dizzy

I will also be staying there for the first time late October! Hopefully we both have an amazing time and It seems to be only good things about the resort!

Punky

I'm at pop century now. It's fine, but I prefer AOA. Then again I'm only here to sleep so I have no idea what this resort has to offer.

NeverEnufDisney

Food court is fine. Basic counter service with some extra stands included. Depending on your taste AoA might be better, but I prefer Pop. Rooms are basic motel, but clean and well maintained. All I want in the room is a place to crash after a long busy day.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
If I want something not so noisy, but not dead quite, should I request pool view or lake view. I notice that pool view rooms are more expensive; is that more of a plus for people with kids?

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I stayed there two years ago, and it's definitely a fun resort! That said, it's basically the same as the other values, but with different theming. For my previous three trips, I had stayed at all three All-Stars, so by the time I got to Pop, I was just tired of it. Don't let that discourage you though, I'm sure you'll have a blast! You might have some long walks to your room, but the key difference between Pop and the All-Stars is that Pop has it's own bus, whereas the All-Stars often share. So transportation to and from the parks is a breeze!

I've heard that the AoA food court is much better (although I've never eaten there), and depending on where your room is located, the walk to AoA might be comparable to the walk to Pop's food court. Definitely worth a shot if you want a change of scenery for breakfast!
I've heard the same thing about AoA having better food, so when we do decide on food court days, we'l definitely be heading over the bridge.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I'm at pop century now. It's fine, but I prefer AOA. Then again I'm only here to sleep so I have no idea what this resort has to offer.
Although I've been to WDW more times than I can count, I haven't stayed on property in about 20 years. To give you an idea as to how big of a Disney fanatic I was as a kid, we went there so many times that my mom got sick of hotels and just bought a condo out there. I love cheesy Disney decorations, so I figured we'd do Pop this time and AoA the next.

GeoDonJac34

We have stayed there for five of our trips to the World and rather enjoy it. We always request a room facing Hour Glass Lake. It is definitely quieter than facing the pool. One of the things I enjoy is taking a leisurely night time stroll around the resort to end the night. POP food court is pretty decent. lots of choices. We didn't try AOA food court, but we did take a walk over to check it out. It seems really cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom