Has anyone noticed. . .

tigger4586

Original Poster
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else noticed how short shows like Beauty and the Beast and the Voyage of the Little Mermaid have become? It kind of frustrates me how in each show there are huge conversation leaps. I know shorter show = more people being able to see it, but they seem to be cutting the classics. Does anyone else have feelings on this?

tigger4586

Original Poster
I think they are great shows. It is just every time I see them they get shorter. I just visited MGM over the weekend and saw the Little Mermaid show. I counted at least three scenes that were taken out. I left the show shocked at the conversation/scene leaps. For example, we use to meet Eric at the beginning and now he is just in the very last scene.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
tigger4586 said:
I think they are great shows. It is just every time I see them they get shorter. I just visited MGM over the weekend and saw the Little Mermaid show. I counted at least three scenes that were taken out. I left the show shocked at the conversation/scene leaps. For example, we use to meet Eric at the beginning and now he is just in the very last scene.

Sometimes scenes are left out for shows because of sick actors or many other reasons.

barnum42

The shows that try to retell the story in under half an hour do tend to feel a little rushed in places. That's one of the reasons I like Tarzan Rocks and Festival of the Lion King - they don't try to compact the story, just give you a half hour of entertainment.

daguru

I would agree that Mermaid is shorter than it used to be. When they went through the rehab some time ago, the show was shorter when it reopened.

I don't think they cut whole scenes, I think they cut transitions and shortened scenes. I remember a few segments with the eels, a couple with Sabastian's AA (beside the screen), more laser effects. Probably only about 6-7 mins, but noticeable if you went a lot before and after the changes.

I could only come up with that they cut the show down to help alleviate long lines and crowding. But hey, what do I know....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom