Has anyone heard of this type of deal?

4disneyfans

Original Poster
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum. I ran across the site today while looking for all things Disney and I am hooked!
I have a question in reference to a Disney deal a friend told my sister about. The lady said that it was listed in a parenting magazine. It was 6 days 5 nights and included dining plan and I believ was for family of four. It was less than $1000. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. I would love to sneak in an extra Disney trip for the family around the holidays.
Thanks!!!:)

LudwigVonDrake

Less than $1000 sounds fishy. There have been deals in the past that a family of 4 staying at a value resort for 6 days 5 night was $1500. I don't think it included the dining plan.

WELCOME TO WDWMAGIC :wave:

brkgnews

One purely wild guess possibility... "Family Fun" magazine is a Disney publication, so if that's the parenting magazine it was in, maybe they've got a special deal?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would check the fine print. The children's ages can greatly effect the price of a package. If the kids are under three then park admission is free, a reduced rate until nine and full price form 10 years old and up. If the particulars of this package indicate that one or both of the children are under 3 then $1000 might be correct.

4disneyfans

Original Poster
I think they said they found it in a copy of "Parenting" magazine in a doctors office. They have already done the trip and it totaled just under $1000. She just told my sister that it was for a family (hers is a family of four) and that it indluded dining. Could this have been the free dining plan?

MicheleK

I think they said they found it in a copy of "Parenting" magazine in a doctors office. They have already done the trip and it totaled just under $1000. She just told my sister that it was for a family (hers is a family of four) and that it indluded dining. Could this have been the free dining plan?

You should give Disney a call. Tell them what you told us and maybe they can help. Good luck and keep us posted. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There would have to be some other discounts on top of free dinning and again the children's ages would come into play as well. Room alone at a value you re looking at about $350-$400 for 5 nights and that is at a value season AP rate. A six day MYW ticket will cost $208 adult and $171 child without park hopping or water parks. Park hopping would take that price to $247 adult $214 child. If we assume that both kids are 9 or under and no park hopping you are looking at around $1100 for tickets and room alone. If one of the kids is under three then the price could fall under the $1000 mark.

I don't think there is any question that free dinning came into play with that package price.

Nemo14

There would have to be some other discounts on top of free dinning and again the children's ages would come into play as well. Room alone at a value you re looking at about $350-$400 for 5 nights and that is at a value season AP rate. A six day MYW ticket will cost $208 adult and $171 child without park hopping or water parks. Park hopping would take that price to $247 adult $214 child. If we assume that both kids are 9 or under and no park hopping you are looking at around $1100 for tickets and room alone. If one of the kids is under three then the price could fall under the $1000 mark.

I don't think there is any question that free dinning came into play with that package price.
That's whay I questioned how long ago. Didn't they have a deal a couple of years ago, that if you stayed so many days, you got so many more free? Could this have been the difference?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That's whay I questioned how long ago. Didn't they have a deal a couple of years ago, that if you stayed so many days, you got so many more free? Could this have been the difference?
Most of the packages I remember from the last year or two had about a $1500 price tag on them. I could be mistaken though. I don't pay that much attention to the packages because they in most cases don't apply to me.

I have 3 kids (15,12,5) and we have APs, travel during value season and rarely stay more than three nights. All that adds up to no package deals for the little green guy.

Based on the $1000 price tag the OP quoted I could definitely see how it is possible but as with most package deals from Disney or anywhere else the fine print is paramount. If the package has you taking a 1 and a 2 year old in your family of 4 there is no question that the price would be very low but not practical for the average family. From what I remember most of the Disney package deals specify one junior (under 3) and one child (under 10). Right now the 6 day 7 night deal specifies that and is $1600. If the kids ages shift to 1 under 10 and one 10 or older that price will jump to near the $2000 mark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom