Has anyone gotten a haircut at the barbershop on Main Street

typhoonguy

Get my haircut there every 3 weeks, only ever had 1 bad cut, and they fixed it for me. Mine is pretty easy, though, finger lenght on top and number 3 in the back. They do a great job and it's a lot of fun to get it done right there on mainstreet.

december

We went in July. My son wanted to try it out, but we thought we had waited too late. We started looking for the barber shop around 4. We asked a lady in one of the shops on Main Street. She told us where to find it but told us we would never get in this late. We went anyway just to see it. Michal was working, he was finishing up a kid, and the shop was empty. We got the cut and lots of pixie dust for my son (9) and my daughter (6). Then he noticed my mother-in-law outside waiting on us and ran out and pixie dusted her, too. We still got to Crystal Palace well before our 5pm reservation. But when we got there, the guy wouldn't let us in-said there was a HUGE problem. He went in and came back out with pixie dust to throw on me! Just another part of our magical first wdw vacation!:)

IcicleM

I went to get my haircut, one time, during the middle park of the afternoon, and no one else was in there. The women working there were SO sweet, and really funny. they asked me if I did my own highlights, because they looked so nice, so I felt very good. It is a bit expensive for a simple shave and a hair cut, but it was fun, and there's nothing better than saying you got your hair cut fresh in the Magic Kingdom.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Warning- if you have white hair or salt and pepper, the colors they have been using for the last year do NOT wash out completely.

Well I guess it all depends on what color you have them do your hair, this could be a good thing!

It also stains the bathtub. My daughter had blue hair dye and the bathtub was stained blue after she washed it out.

Or not!

D'ya think they'd give me a mohawk? :lookaroun

Seriously, would they? That would be amazing.

For some reason I can picture the barber refusing to give a mohawk. (kinda un-Disney)

DSNYKID

Do they do anything special for a first hair cut? I thought this would be super cool for my little one!!!

Both our boys got their first Official Haircuts at the Main Street Barbarshop.

YOu get embroidered hats that say first haircut, stickers, a certificate and they did put locks of hair in an envelope.

Highly recommended... and as you will see on this thread, get there early.

They are experts and move quickly, without rushing. They are also great with kids and Moms and Dads!

It's so great, I would definately recommend it. Try to time it so the parade is going on while you're getting a cut; that's what I did, and it made it all the more magical!

Strongly agree with Taryn on this one! My daughter had her hair cut during the parade and since the parade basically ends right in front of the barber shop, the characters and cast members make an effort to say hello, make hair cutting gestures, and wave (some were quite diligent in their attempts to get her attention). My daughter's stylist was Salvador and we hope to see him again next week!

donaldfan

When we go in October I will be changing my haircut to suit my hairline and new bald spot out back. (close clipper cut) I might as well accept the effects of aging on men in their 30's at MK, right?

bgraham34

I was going to get a haircut last week while I was at the world but there were 10 people waiting so I did not wait. If the line was shorter i would have.

Captain Hank

The Harmony Barber Shop is right between the car barn and the Emporium in town square on Main Street. As you enter the park, head towards the fire station. You'll see the red and white striped barber pole right past it.

It's a great place to get a haircut. In fact, I just got one there, today! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom