Has anyone evr ben to WDW when Mickeys not so scary Halloween party ?

vtcheffy

Original Poster
Hi all, Just wondering if any of you fine folks have been to The Mickey Hallween Party . Am taking a trip with My wife, children and some nephews ages from 7-12yrs old .O yeah my sisters and there hubbys too . They would never forgive me if I didnt mention them ..HE HE HE !!!!...thanks all...:fork: :cry:

Erika

We went last year and loved it! The best was seeing all the kids in their princess costumes posing with "the real things"

There were quite a few BUzz Lightyears too- so adorable!

I'm 26 and I dressed up too :lookaroun

PhotoDave219

Yeah, i went on the final night (November 1) and it was serious fun.

Try seeing 7 people - cleverely college kids attending a journalism conference - trick or treating and just hauling off as much candy as they can was amazing.

The parade and teh headless horseman was worth it

rjmagic16

I went last year and it was my first time, It was great.
My son was 19 months and had a ball he was Woody.

The Magic Kingdom looks totally different and the atmosphere is great.

I Think this year my son will be Stich and I will be Cobra Bubbles:lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by mkt
I was there last year on Halloween Night and LOVED IT!!

Hey, so was I. It was very entertaining. The parade was excellent and i loved the fireworks. The only thing that was a bit off was the way some kids (and adults) behaved around the free sweets. The haunted mansion was particulary fine:)

da1070

tip for you

It's was 3 years ago that my family went to Disney and did the halloween party. It really nice because the park is really emtpy and you can ride all the rides in just a couple of hours. Some rides they even let us stay on and ride over and over. Anyway the park closes for a hour or so and reopens for the party. This put quite a few people going out and coming back into the party. We started looking around for a spot for dinner that night. After calling around we made reservations at the Crystal Palace (my wife did it). When she told me were and the time I told her that the park is closed for that hour. We called back and confirmed the time. So leaving our hotel about 3 we headed to magic kingdom with costumes in a bag. played in the park for a while and went to dinner, ate then the two girls in our party changed into their costume outfit (just a note their were 11 in our group). When it was time for the party we came straight out of the restaurant (they did not let us leave when the park was closed). We seen a large crowd coming from the front gates but we got around it all and had a nice dinner. also all the people in the Crystal Palace including caharacters were making rounds and then changing into their costumes and coming back out and making rounds again. this was a highlight of our night and worth the money.

Good luck and have fun.

Erika

Does anybody have a picture of a costume you or your kids wore to this event? I've posted mine before but I am interested to see some new ones.

While we were there we saw a Cinderella and Prince Charming that were so adorable- I don't know if they were dating, married, or engaged- but they really looked the part!

Moustronaut

My wife and I went last year on october 25th. The park decor is just awesome with everything lit up purple, green and orange. The grim grinning ghosts derge playing on the main street sound system was very cool too. Loved the villians parade. Some of the villians got booed by the crowd and they went by and the CM's totall ate it up... they loved it!!

Piece of advice if you are staying in the resorts... leave early. You'll be on a bus, boat, monorail with a LOT of strollers. So they fill up pretty quickly. We left got to the bus stop at Boardwalk Inn 30 minutes before the opening time and had to wait for the 3rd MK bus.

But other than that learning experience, and the huge downpour 30 minutes before closing, it was an awesome time.

careship

I am also going to be there this year in October. There are 2 nights they are doing it while we are there. Going the week of the 18th of Oct. We have never done this before. I am hoping my kids who are getting a little older will still love it. Any costume suggestions? DO they have to be in costume? We have another family coming with us and they haven't been to WDW for 11 years. I think that will make it a ton of fun for us. Showing them everything and then the Halloween party...so much fun. How can I get the tickets? Do I call the regular WDW reservation line? DO I have to order them for a particular night?

Emma

We went back in October 2001 - It was fantastic! :D
Nearly everyone was dressed up, there was a parade, and all the CM's gave out sweets and candy to everyone who went up to them and said "trick or treat"! It was great fun, and we're doing it all again this October! :sohappy: I can't wait! :sohappy:

careship: Nobody HAS to go in costume - it just adds to the fun, in my opinion. :D
I'm not exactly sure where to get the tickets from though, since my dad ordered them for us when we went, but yes you do order for a particular night, and you can choose which night you go on.

careship

Originally posted by Emma
careship: Nobody HAS to go in costume - it just adds to the fun, in my opinion. :D
I'm not exactly sure where to get the tickets from though, since my dad ordered them for us when we went, but yes you do order for a particular night, and you can choose which night you go on.

Thanks for the info. I was just thinking about what they could go as. Being 10 and 11 it isn't easy to dress them up. Last year they wore their hockey stuff with Red Wings Jerseys. Boys...I tell ya...they grow out of fun stuff too soon.

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
i had a friend who went...she took her husband and 3 kids..at the time the kids were in KG and 2rd grade (twins)...they all dressed up! they LOVEDDDDDDDDDDDD it!!!!!!!!!!!

Emma

Originally posted by careship
I was just thinking about what they could go as. Being 10 and 11 it isn't easy to dress them up. Last year they wore their hockey stuff with Red Wings Jerseys. Boys...I tell ya...they grow out of fun stuff too soon.

If it helps at all, there were some families with children of about that age - the whole family dressed up as one thing. For example, one family that we spotted were all dressed as dalmations, another family were all dressed up as the Disney princesses, etc. They looked great, and they got alot of attention from the CM's. :king:

Most of the younger boys that we saw were dressed up as the Disney heroes. Buzz Lightyear seemed to be a popular one, although there were many others.

Oh, and costumes don't HAVE to be Disney related. :)

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
When this family did it...the wife was Snow White (the CM's told her not to sign autographs b/c she looked so much like SW) the husband was her prince...her youngest son (Andrew) was dressed like the dad...Victoria was a princess...and Alex was dressed like peter pan

MinnieMom

We are going to the party for the first time this year! My 6 year old son is dressing like Peter Pan, my 3 year old daughter like Tinkerbell, I am going as Wendy, and my husband as Captain Hook! We are so excited!!!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom