Has anyone ever done this....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While I am not positive about that particular event, dinner at the HM is one of the many private event experiences you can have at WDW. It is not something say a family a 4 could just sign up for. It is akin to a wedding reception, corporate event etc. Basically all you need is the money, which is considerable, and some guests.

EDIT: I did a bit more research and there is a special event that is occasionaly offered exclusively to DDE members that will allow you to dine in the HM. That article is no doubt a description of the 2002 event. The last time it was offered that I found record of was 2003. The price was $125 per person limited to 70 guests and was sold out in less than 10 minutes on the day it became available.

SleepingMonk

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I didn't know if they made something like that available to guests periodically like a deluxe version of a regular behind the scenes type tour or not.

SleepingMonk

Original Poster
Thanks again.

You guys lose me with all the initialisms but I'm guessing DDE refers to the Disney Dining plans?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks again.

You guys lose me with all the initialisms but I'm guessing DDE refers to the Disney Dining plans?
Not quite. DDE refers to Disney Dining Experience which is a membership card open only to Annual pass holders and Florida residents. It get you a 20% discount at nearly every table service restaurant on property as well as a select few counter service ones. They will also have special dining events, ie the Haunted Mansion one, that are exclusive to Disney Dining Experience members.

devoy1701

When I first read about the dinner in the HM, I was thinking that it would be in the ballroom where the table is already.... now THAT would be amazing...dinner in the stretch rooms/preshow area with folding tables....not so much...not for $125 atleast!

SleepingMonk

Original Poster
I think for the quality of food described, atmosphere of the Haunted Mansion and entertainment provided by the cast members it would be well worth the price.

Of course I still dream of being allowed to run around inside PoTC and SSE, so I might be a little biased.

I would pay for that in a second if they offered it again.

"Although there were no PLANNED activities, it WAS the first time that I ever saw the Mansion filled with an inordinate amount of drunk people. There were many more adult human shrieks and screams than usual, as well as a significant amount of flash photography. I also noticed that a lot of folks had significant problems with the moving sidewalks when getting on and off the ride. Some people were noted to try to hit Madame Leota's crystal ball with their "souvenir" red glow things in the Séance Room, using them as frisbees."

Maybe thats part of the reason its no longer offered......

Gooch

My girlfriend's aunt did this a few years back and liked it. I never even knew something like this existed until a few weeks ago. Sounds like a really cool thing to do.

totben

for YOAMD they recently had a dinner party at The Hollywood Tower Hotel. quite the extravaganza is was, entertainment bellhops and servers then vip at Fant!

copcarguyp71

When I first read about the dinner in the HM, I was thinking that it would be in the ballroom where the table is already.... now THAT would be amazing...dinner in the stretch rooms/preshow area with folding tables....not so much...not for $125 atleast!

Maybe it would include your devoy1701 "annual pass" special filet mignon! :shrug:

pacochran

for YOAMD they recently had a dinner party at The Hollywood Tower Hotel. quite the extravaganza is was, entertainment bellhops and servers then vip at Fant!
My DD would just absolutely love that one. Maybe we'll get really lucky and they will do it again in December and we will get selected:ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What are some of the other special events they've had in the past?
I have been a DDE member for 4 years and quite honestly I have yet to see a special dining engagement that was worth remembering. The last one I saw was an exclusive lunch with Markham Winery. I definitely have not seen one that had dinning inside an attraction which is a shame as attractions like HM, E:E, Kali and ToT could really lend themselves to some incredible dining experiences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom