Has anybody been to WDW at age 4 and remembered it?

MinnieFan

I was just shy of 6 the first time I went. I remember a lot. The funny thing is, my best memory of the trip was the hotel pool. We would go back to the room every day and go for a swim. Now this was back in the day when the Magic Kingdom was the only park there.:)

We've taken our daughter down there for the past 3 summers. She was 5 when we first went and she remembers quite a bit. Actually what's funny, she reminds me of stuff and events that happened that even i forgot about..:lol: She's 7 about to be 8 and looking forward to her 4th trip to Disney. As far as being 4 and going, i'd say it's that feeling of magic in the air and bunches of pictures that makes it worth it. Heck that's even true for me at age 28. So go have a blast, and remember, if something catches your son/daughters eye... go see it.. :)

frozenjill

I just asked my 7 year old if he remembers anything from the trip we took when he was 4. He remembers more than I thought he would. His fav was Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin. He remembers having a really great time, and that's what counts!

kal1484

I remember things from when I was 2. I remember playing on a playground waiting to go see the Hoop-de-do Revue. Also, when we went back with my grandparents a year later, I told my grandma to hold my hand because she might get scared on Peter Pan, because of the Alligator, :D

Ash

I first went to WDW when I was five or six.

I remember things, but what really helped me to remember things are the videos from our trip. My dad brought a camcorder and videotaped a lot of the rides (too bad we can't find the tapes anymore).

I remember being obsessed with It's a Small World and dragging my parents and older brother (who was 11) on it countless times. I loved that ride. And I loved Space Mountain, although my mom was a nervous wreck and held onto me from the seat behind me every time we rode it. I remember Splash Mountain was still being built (this was either August '91 or '92 I believe). I remember the Haunted Mansion being a lot scarier to me, and I think I remember a scarier Snow White's Adventures now that people mention it.

If you take lots of pictures or video tape things, your child will probably remember more.

DisneyPhD

Memories (all of them) fade as you get older (and your mind goes!!!!) If you ask a 7 year old if you remember things that happend when they were 4, you might get more then say a 30 year old. :lol:

My first trip to WDW was when I was almost 3 (1973) and I remember a number of bits of peaces. I remember asking my dad if we were there yet (again and again) but not actually getting there. I remember my swinging on my older brothers pinky fingers down main street (I was very small). I remember we ran into brother's friends down there. I am not a Disney nut, maybe taking them young turns you into one, even if you don't remember it.

My neice remembers toon town and the houses when she was 3. Her 4 year old brother remembers the tea cups (that is it.) (they are now 11 and 12)

Some reason it seems the youngest children of a family remember more and women remember things younger then men.

If your only reason for going to WDW is for your kid, wait until they are older. If you want to go anyway and think you might be able to take them again in the future, go when ever you want, don't wait. We go every year (if possible) and took our DD when she was 9 months old. Her next trip is in 20 days and she talks about WDW all the time now. As DVC members we look forward to the next 40 years.

RandeB

My kid's first trip was at age 4. At age 9 she remembers a few little things, but has been every year since, so it all blends together. Pictures and videos keep her with some "memories" of some sort, although it may just be memories of the photos and videos.

I remembered "Small World" from the NY World's Fair when I first went to WDW at age 10. I don't remember anything about the NY World's Fair other than that I used to remember it.

frazierle

We took our kids for the first time when they were 4 and 1. Yes I realize they will not remember much when they're my age, but I'm sure going to cherish those memories. We have lots of pictures and video. To see there expressions, excitement, feeling the magic its worth if for me even if they do not remember anything. What's funny is our last few trips we have stayed at POR and my daughter (youngest) asked when we were going to stay at Buzz (All star Movies) again. That's where we stayed on our first trip.

Cheryl

We've taken our son, who just turned 4 in November of 2002, to WDW at least 6 times (usually once in July and then once in late November/early December) and he can tell that 4 times that he remembers being there! Pictures do help to relive memories. It's funny, we told our son that we have the wheels turning for our trip for July and he was so happy. Then he turned around and said that he wouldn't play at the playground at MGM (Bug's Life) b/c the man in the yellow shirt hollered at him for sliding down the slide the wrong way. This happened over a year ago and he remembered it like it was the back of his hand. So, I think you'd be surprised at what your son will remember!

Thanks for listening!:D

Katherine

I think I was either 4 or younger whe this happened but I can still remember it vaguely. We were there for easter and we were going over to the character breakfast at the Grand Floridian. We were late and so we were rushing my mom was carrying me and we had to go down some stair and my mom was wearing heels and her heel got caught on something and we fell down the stairs. But guess who was there to help us up? Mary Poppins!! That's all I remember though.

tigsmom

took my oldest when she was 4 and she was afraid of a lot of the charecters, but had fun on most of the rides. Took my youngest for the first time when she was just 18 months and she doesn't remember it at all. She went when she was 4 and it was like the first time for her...she had a great time. Just take lots of pictures. You can share all the good memories whenever you want. There is something special about the look on their faces when they see the magic for the first time.

meeko_33785

My first Disney memories are from when I was 3. I don't remeber a lot, but I remember going on Small World and the Country Bears, Seeing the afternoon parade, meeting Mickey and Minnie who, looking back of the pictures, did not look nearly as good as they do now, but that's another story), and vaguely remember there use to be swans in the waters around the castle (not the swan boats, but real swans). That's about it though.

I remember when i was very little going on the(shoot my brain just went dead) the ride where u go in the little things above the park from fantasy land to tomarrow land. The next time I went back I didnt see em and I thought I was going crazy! I also remember being very very little being rolled around in a stroller and seeing the parade and this big brown thing came right up to me and i started crying.

celestia

Originally posted by meeko_33785
and vaguely remember there use to be swans in the waters around the castle (not the swan boats, but real swans). That's about it though.

i remember the swans too. i miss the white doves they had in all the shows last year too :(

WDWKing

Yes as a matter of fact I do. We went to WDW for the 2nd time when I was 4 years old. I don't remember the EXACT thing of couse, but I remember It's A Small World, Teacups, Captain EO, Spaceship Earth, Food Rocks!, Body Wars, Horizons, 25k leagues Under the Sea, The Castle (Icon at MK),Space Mountain ( I'm 99% sure it was from TTA though). Those are the rides that leave the biggest impression on me to this day. I even remember what my hotel room was like. Oh, and of course you must stay for a parade, I loved it (still do) when I was 4.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom