Harry Potter in 20k?

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Hey, I heard a rumor that a Harry Potter attraction was going in the old 20k lagoon. Can anyone confirm this?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist!

Bluewaves

First of all Harry Potter is distrubted by Warner Brothers so its highly unlikely and even if ABC has the rights to show the movies on ABC they don't own the characters or other intellectual property. Not to mention isn't this the 200 th thread I've seen on this????

DisneyChik17

Not Gonna Happen!

:fork:I hate how alot of people are always starting CRAZY rumors. Obviosly they are not true...alot are repeated...and alot are people hust trying to get attention. I can't stand it. Everyone knows Harry Potter adn Disney are not directly associated in any way. So NO IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN AND IT NEVER WILL

Nicole

imagineer99 said:
^^ also didn't get the joke;)

Gosh I'm glad I'm a relative old-timer here at the site so I know the inside jokes!! :D

(for those of you who are new - the HP "rumor" floats through here every now and again probably just because it makes people so mad!)

jrriddle

You got me 100%. I didn't see it coming.
I was all ready to launch into a huge rant about how "this topic comes up every 3 months", "This is how the search feature works" etc, etc.
And the best part is I see Imagineer Boy started the topic.
"He's been here longer than me!" "What is doing?!?" "He should know better!!!"

Well played sir, well played!
I have been "punked" as the youngsters would say.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Never say never

So NO IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN AND IT NEVER WILL

*DISNEYCHIK17*

Just one word of caution. Even though there may not be anything currently being developed, ya just never know.

I said I'd never move back to NJ, never get married and never have kids...needless to say I don't use that N word any more. :lookaroun :lookaroun

Number_6

Also, not going to say anything will or will not happen, but the author herself has stated that the only thing WB owns is the movies rights. She got asked about something like that and stated that if she was given a good offer, any one of the parks, be it Disney, Universal, Six Flags or some other group that we haven't considered could get an attraction based on HP. I won't say that it will happen, but I too won't say that it will NEVER happen.

Glasgow

"I ain't falling for this one... "

:lol: Gotta do something to offset the dismal work day ..

Anyway, does anyone at least know a ballpark budget for the 20k replacement? I know the replacement attraction has not been decided on yet, of course. Just checking .. that might help to limit speculation. I don't know if Imagineering shapes their ideas around a budget, or shapes their budget around their ideas. Chicken or the egg ..

Kwit35

Glasgow said:
"I ain't falling for this one... "

:lol: Gotta do something to offset the dismal work day ..

Anyway, does anyone at least know a ballpark budget for the 20k replacement? I know the replacement attraction has not been decided on yet, of course. Just checking .. that might help to limit speculation. I don't know if Imagineering shapes their ideas around a budget, or shapes their budget around their ideas. Chicken or the egg ..
Okay, here is what I think. I think that Disney should form a committee of people from this forum. Let us, as a committee, decide what to do with the 20K land and let us create the ultimate, Disney fan ride, pavilion...

Huh? Huh? Anyone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom