Harper's Mill "sings"

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but the last time I went to Tom Sawyer Island, I was admiring the inner workings of Harper's Mill. While watching the gears turn, I noticed the groaning noises of the mill and as I listened, I realized that the mill "sings" Down by the Old Mill Stream. I've never heard anyone mention this before, and wondered how many out there have discovered this "hidden" effect. Next time you're on the island, stop by the inside of the mill and listen. It's a very subtle effect, but really neat.

JIMINYCR

Having been to WDW multiple times, having read probably every guide book cover to cover, having tremendous amount of disney facts stuffed in my brain, you just told me something I didn't know. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've ventured over to Tom Sawyers Island at least once every trip but I guess I never lingered long enough or listened closely enough to pick up on the singing gears.

powlessfamily4

I have to check this out... I also have never found the time to venture over to the Island in all of my trips. I have put it at the top of the list for September. :)

HornsofaSteer

I too have never heard of that before and would love to check it out!! Thanks!

I may have to look up what that song sounds like first though... :)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Happy to report it was working on my last venture in February 2010. You have to stay put for a few to notice and so many hurry through....great fun!:king:

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
hey steve2wdw did you just listen to WDWRADIO? - Lou Mongello just did a show about this and other hidden sounds. Listen to the show they don't cover every sound found in every park but cover 2 to 3 in every park.

http://www.wdwradio.com/category/podcasts/

Thanks for the link....I'll give it a listen. I actually heard the Mill over a year ago and was going through some pics of TSI when I remembered the song. Funny how it's all getting brought up at the same time. I gues it's that connection we all share in the universe :)

Victor Kelly

New to me, but sounds fitting. Go and read the Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn books. I appreciate TSI a lot more since I read them in grade school, er, um yeah, I am old now.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Yes! I am not crazy then. The quartet in The Mansion movie sings a line of the song. Homage to each other in a very obvious but cryptic manner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom