Harmonius Opening and MEH?

jpinkc

Original Poster
Am I just being wrong headed about looking at the Harmonious announcement and already thinking its not as exciting as Illuminations? Its colorfull but I just dont get the excitement that I got for Illuminations. Yeah it was dated and such but I am just not sure about this replacement show. Planning to go for short trip in late Nov and it just doesnt speak to me personally. Maybe I am getting OLD LOL. I was on the fence about Wishes leaving but the new show was good! But I at least felt that way when pictures were released too.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Am I just being wrong headed about looking at the Harmonious announcement and already thinking its not as exciting as Illuminations? Its colorfull but I just dont get the excitement that I got for Illuminations. Yeah it was dated and such but I am just not sure about this replacement show. Planning to go for short trip in late Nov and it just doesnt speak to me personally. Maybe I am getting OLD LOL. I was on the fence about Wishes leaving but the new show was good! But I at least felt that way when pictures were released too.

I'd rather see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald water skiing around World Showcase Lagoon while they eat Dole Whips, turkey legs and churros. Maybe a cucumber.

Last edited:

mergatroid

Where have you seen the new Harmonious show?

jpinkc

Original Poster
LOL yeah I wasnt all that impressed with the water screen show at Universal. It was ok but......... just kinda meh to me

JIMINYCR

As a fan of ILLUMINATIONS I was sad to see it go. But I'm going to do what I do when new things come along at Disney.... read all the negatives people put out in advance when its announced that its replacing something theyve liked.... read the negative reviews they post once they actually see it... watch the posted videos... wait to see it in person on my next trip... then decide how I feel about it. Quite a few times Ive enjoyed things others trash and hated things others rave about, so I dont get worked up before I experience it myself.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm an Illuminations stan.
Nothing will compare.
I will give it a shot but it may be a one and done.
I also liked Wishes better than HEA.
I'm kind of excited about the new MK 50th fireworks though.

A big part of whether I like the shows or not has to do with the music they choose. If it doesn't give me the feels then there needs to be TONS of bright and loud fireworks involved and less projection and lights.

Nottamus

I’m looking forward to seeing this new show——mainly because i realize Illuminations is done and I have no choice but to look to the future

my wife already hates Harmonious ——mainly because she realizes illuminations is done and she has no choice but to look to the future

seriously though, illuminations was our (and a million others’) special show and we hated to see it go. We were lucky enough to see it a lot on last trip there…to say goodbye.

while we were watching last time, we were next to a group who never saw it before. Was kind of cool to see their reactions to it all, kind of liking watching it through their eyes.

anyway! On to the stargate!!

ill be there week of November 1st with a wide open mind (and a wife with a mind closed like a steel trap)

The Colonel

I was very worried about what they were going to replace Wishes with. I don't like HEA as much, but it's no disgrace. It's fine.

IRoE on the other hand, is IMHO the apex of Disney culture. It originated in a time when Disney strove for art as well as money. It's storytelling, fireworks, community, education, culture, fantasy, music, and tradition. And it fit that park like a glove. I fear anything will be a step down and I'm confident that the current team is not capable of coming close to it.

wdwfan22

and those images told a compelling and emotional story, if you paid attention.
Most Guests couldn't even tell what those images were. I love IllumiNations, but lets face it the show needed an update. 70% of Guests couldn't tell you what the story line was for IllumiNations either.

Poseidon Quest

Nope. Disney has been quite forthcoming that this new show is just Disney songs remixed to sound "international". I would say that I expect very little. Illuminations's central theme and story was told through the abstract vessel of fireworks. In contrast, Harmonious is likely to be Disney songs with fireworks synched and the target audience will be elementary school children. Definitely a discrepancy in design.

jpinkc

Original Poster
I just hope its not the Snorfest I thought about Universals Water show, I literally could have slept thru that and been happy LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom