Harmonious Theme and Soundtrack already set fail?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
There sneaking Disney music in to their music loops around the World Showcase. Now what gets me is the music is being played in a style as it would in different countries around the world. What’s the point of harmonious if you have pretty much already heard the soundtrack and visited the pavilion doesn’t that kind of kill the purpose.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

There sneaking Disney music in to their music loops around the World Showcase. Now what gets me is the music is being played in a style as it would in different countries around the world. What’s the point of harmonious if you have pretty much already heard the soundtrack and visited the pavilion doesn’t that kind of kill the purpose?
I would say that this would make Harm Us better. A continuation of theme and mood. Music too gets better when its themes are repeated throughout.

It's also the new theme of WS, and by extension EPCOT. In a change of direction, FW once decided EPCOT's theme. And spilled it over into WS. Now it'll be the reverse. It's former FW which is taken over by WS.

Harmony between nations. Harmony in the double meaning, of friendly cooperation and musically. Like SSE, unity established by world culture being taken over by Disney. Eight songs purportedly showcasing different cultures, but each being an American song about Americanised view of different places. Coco and Elsa holding hands, singing in harmony....

I digress. At any rate, whatever my thoughts about the replacement of WS, at least the show would improve rather than fail from a unity between it and the WS background tracks. And from unity of theme and mood and setting of the show with the new WS and pavilions.

bubbles1812

There sneaking Disney music in to their music loops around the World Showcase. Now what gets me is the music is being played in a style as it would in different countries around the world. What’s the point of harmonious if you have pretty much already heard the soundtrack and visited the pavilion doesn’t that kind of kill the purpose?
You... are a serious one trick pony. The only thing I’ve seen from you going back to D23 is a constant whine about Epcot. I know change is hard but it’s happening, whether you like it or not. Find a silver lining!

Epcot has needed a revamp for while and a lot of the changes seem like they’ll at least bring the park to some coherence. Writing things off this fast just sets you up for misery. I’m not always a glass half full gal when it comes to Disney but I’m relatively optimistic on Epcot. Right now it’s my least favorite park from a ride standpoint. Future World has limped along for far too long and just needs some TLC. That is a fact.

And seriously, gasp! horror! Disney music played in a culturally appropriate fashion! Disney isn’t just for US residents, last I checked. It’s kinda neat. I’m guessing Harmonious is gonna sound different and be much more noticeable since ya know... it’s not background music. Pretty sure the lack of firework show per pavilion means the purpose of Harmonious will serve just fine.

The sky is not falling.

Last edited:

mj2v

Yes. So please skip it.
(To everyone else, shhhhhh)

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
You... are a serious one trick pony. The only thing I’ve seen from you going back to D23 is a constant whine about Epcot. I know change is hard but it’s happening, whether you like it or not. Find a silver lining!

Epcot has needed a revamp for while and a lot of the changes seem like they’ll at least bring the park to some coherence. Writing things off this fast just sets you up for misery. I’m not always a glass half full gal when it comes to Disney but I’m relatively optimistic on Epcot. Right now it’s my least favorite park from a ride standpoint. Future World has limped along for far too long and just needs some TLC. That is a fact.

And seriously, gasp! horror! Disney music played in a culturally appropriate fashion! Disney isn’t just for US residents, last I checked. It’s kinda neat. I’m guessing Harmonious is gonna sound different and be much more noticeable since ya know... it’s not background music. Pretty sure the lack of firework show per pavilion means the purpose of Harmonious will serve just fine.

The sky is not falling.
First of all remarks or comments like that are Unnecessary, where not here to make enemy’s and I’m not here to cause trouble. I never argue anyone on here, I put out my outlook and want to see what everyone else’s is when I post a discussion. I respect everyone’s outlook and never judge anyone else’s unless it’s coming from corporate Disney. Not every thread on here is for everyone. My point of the topic is that they have a major show opening up and it’s about Disney music portrayed by artists and sounds from around the world. Having a music loop that’s portrayed by artists around the world would make me think that it would spoil the show but that’s just me. To me this music loop kind of virus the show I envision Harmonious to be and that’s ok everyone envisions it differently. I see a good show on the horizon just not my preference as I prefer the older shows.
Epcot’s not for everyone and that’s ok.
Some of us liked Epcot as it was in its first phase and would love to see it go back to its roots and there’s nothing wrong with that. Thats why there are 4 parks and Disney world and 6 locations around the world and many of us feel that Epcot should get some TLC and love but using Epcot’s own characters and attractions as it was in the old days. I’m not on that topic today, my topic is about the music loop competing with Harmonious.

Last edited:

brb1006

The sky is not falling.
source.gif

You took the words right out of my mouth.

eliza61nyc

Not at all, something similar, the music from Aladdin is pretty familiar and I knew the story and words from the animated movie, did not kill the enjoyment of seeing the play.

Many things go into enjoying an experience, music is just one component

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Not at all, something similar, the music from Aladdin is pretty familiar and I knew the story and words from the animated movie, did not kill the enjoyment of seeing the play.

Many things go into enjoying an experience, music is just one component
I’m not going to lie, they did a pretty good job blending the Mulan music and it sounds good to. It doesn’t make me feel like I’m at TTC or anywhere where they play your generic Disney movie instrumentals it fits. They did a really good job with that. If it’s played to be enjoyed by the Epcot goers and there for whoever is looking for it I’m good because so far that’s what it seems to be turning into as of now. I do feel like the movie music in the area loops is overkill tho.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom