Trip Report Hark The Herald Wives Have Power!

🎶Peace on Earth and mercy mild. Two wives together and their powers ran wild🎶!

But Keith, whatever do you mean by that title? Ok, I'll explain. This trip was 10 days total and for the last four days of the trip, another couple we are friends with joined us. They are the only couple we hang out with that are Disney nerds as much as us and beer snobs as well. They are members on the forums here so hopefully they will chime in and add some commentary. C and I invited them a few weeks before our trip and they said yes. I just didnt mention it in my PTR in the event that plans changed, but they didnt and we seriously had a blast! L (the other husband) and I quickly learned that our wives formed like Voltron and became more powerful than we could possibly imagine 😁. L and I make many of the same "husband mistakes" and the girls had fun taking us down a peg, in a loving fashion of course, lol.

With all that being said...welcome to my TR!! Lets do this!!

C was at her moms house and I was at our place so we could tend to the animals before heading out. I stayed up all night and headed out around 2 am to pick her up. We hit the road nice and early!

IMG_20191212_024554827.jpg

IMG_20191212_024757637.jpg

Itty Bitty (the cat) was nice and comfy as we said our goodbyes to her and the other cats.

C had gotten some sleep so she took the wheel for the first leg of the trip.

IMG_20191212_053605986.jpg

We made good time getting through the city and past the Macon bypass. I was able to get some sleep and we made our first stop for a bathroom break.

IMG_20191212_051748662.jpg

IMG_20191212_051909066.jpg

I had posted "Shirley status" for the rest stop bathroom and mentioned how dirty it was and @Tuvalu revoked the status and said it doesnt count if the bathroom was as dirty as I described, and I completely agree with her. Access denied! lol.

I took over driving from here and soon we were in Gainesville for our "must do" at Maple Street Biscuit.

IMG_20191212_083035750.jpg

IMG_20191212_083558666_HDR.jpg

That is a bacon egg and cheese biscuit in a to-go cup. We always get it to-go so we can back on the road. We listened to the Jimmy Fallon show skits of him and celebrities reading bad Yelp reviews in dramatic fashion. It is HILARIOUS if you havent seen/heard them. And soon after... we were home (Boardwalk)

IMG_20191212_105114386_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

slipperalwaysfits

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear cat. Animals are so special and lovable. I hope C is doing okay with you and your friends there to help. I hope things settle down for you with the house and all that. At least you have Disney for some respite!

Songbird76

I'm so sorry about Itty Bitty! I know I'm super late, but I was looking through the TRs I missed in November and December and came across this one. Looks like I'm not too late to join in the fun, but I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you will be back soon and up to writing more! I'm sure it's taken its toll on you both. :(

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok, Ok, the Peoples Champ is back!!! Its your favorite Trip Reporters favorite Trip Reporter! The Mayor of Drunkey-town, Co-President (alongside @lostpro9het) of Tamboooo Ga. Chapter, your boy, the one and only... Disney9000!! How has everybody been? Let me guess.... sitting inside the house a lot lately? Us too. But fret not, I have a solid 9 days of Trip reporting left to cover and hopefully it brings a touch of magic to your day.

I have been blessed to stay busy with work (dog training) during these crazy times but I took the day off (for C's birthday today) and Im up waaaaay before her so I figured it would be good time to crank this bad boy up! Now, lets dispense with the pleasantries and begin!

We last left off in the middle of day 2 as C and I were at MK.....

C had secured her Pandora Charms set and it was time for some rides! It was EMH that morning If I recall correctly, and as most of you know, the new version of EMH is basically Tomorrowland open with the rest of the park shut down, lol. We both did horrible on Buzz but had a great time as usual.

IMG_20191213_081926047.jpg

IMG_20191213_082009935.jpg

Of course Space Mountain was up next. Queue the star tunnel music in your head.

IMG_20191213_082508061_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191213_083526356.jpg

After Space Mountain, the rest of the park was opening soon we headed out of TL and over towards NFL for a voyage under da sea

IMG_20191213_085547679.jpg

Feelin' myself in Gastons chair... now I just need to grow about 18 inches taller to fit in it, haha

IMG_20191213_085141584.jpg

We headed towards BTMRR but as we approached we saw the line was pretty long so back tracked to Pirates.

IMG_20191213_091927229.jpg

This is another ride where the CMs freak out if you take 3 seconds to get a picture. I understand its a loading area and they want to keep things moving, but they still had a few rows to load so it wasnt as if I was holding up the process. But I managed to get the picture before the CM completely soiled her trousers.

It was time for 7DMT and our way back to NFL we had the pleasure of watching a parade of high school bands march down MSUSA. They were ALL very good. It was a great show and they all played Disney tunes and songs!

IMG_20191213_095348731_HDR.jpg

And shortly after....Hi-Hooooooooo!

IMG_20191213_100440712.jpg

After the mine train, we made our way towards the front of the park to head back to the resort. First, C had to have a gingerbread man, which is a favorite treat of hers, but only during Christmas time.

IMG_20191213_112746577.jpg

up next day 2 cntd...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2

It was pouring out as we left MK. We were going to take the bus back to BW but ended up hopping on the monorail when C remembered she had a purchase to make.

We rode around the lagoon and ended up at GF.

IMG_20191213_121413067.jpg

IMG_20191213_121659651_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

After GF we headed back to the room to change clothes and freshen up. then we headed to Epcot for afternoon refreshments.

IMG_20191213_155416484_HDR.jpg

It took quite some time to line this up and of course it came out blurry.

After the hard work of taking that picture, we needed a drink!!

IMG_20191213_160122992_HDR.jpg

A 1664 for me, and C had a vodka slushee. When in France....

IMG_20191213_160324268_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191213_161134489_HDR.jpg

It was about 4 pm after we finished our drinks and we were still jonesing for Crews Cup burgers. After the diasco from the day before and the bar being full, we took no chances and made sure to be there right at opening.

Up next, Crews Cup, finally!!!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2

We exited at International Gateway and headed over to Crews Cup at Yacht Club. For those who dont know, CC is our favorite spot at WDW. Not only for the atmosphere, which we both love, but also for the filet mignon cheeseburgers! C is about 99% vegetarian and there are only a few places that she will eat meat and CC is one of them. The service there is also second to none. Wes is one of the bartenders we have gotten to know over the last year and not only does he remember us, but him and his staff always make us feel like family.

Since we arrived right at opening we had the hole place to ourselves. We started of with a round of drinks of course. C has been really enjoying mules lately and she wanted to see what Was could concoct. He didnt let her down, lol. It was very strong.

IMG_20191213_164251869.jpg

We ordered the gourmet pretzel for an appetizer. Wes warned us it was big, but we had no idea.

IMG_20191213_171622809.jpg

Another round of drinks was up next. C wanted to try the Dales Pale Ale. She liked it enough to finish it.

IMG_20191213_172659414.jpg

And then, it was time for the main event!

IMG_20191213_182534457.jpg

Neither words nor picture can truly describe how amazing this sandwich is. They also serve the fixings on the side so you can build it how you like.

IMG_20191213_182748170.jpg

A quick reminder of who is #1 before we dug in!

IMG_20191213_182832212.jpg

Worth the wait!!!

Up next, day 2 evening

Attachments

• IMG_20191213_172620417.jpg
    IMG_20191213_172620417.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 46

slipperalwaysfits

It took quite some time to line this up and of course it came out blurry.

What a great idea! I've never seen that pose before!

Neither words nor picture can truly describe how amazing this sandwich is. They also serve the fixings on the side so you can build it how you like.

Between the pretzel, mule and burger, this has been added to my MUST DO's for next time!! IT all looks so yummy and based on your recommendation, we will love it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO C and good to see you back! How is C Minor doing this year in school? I hope she's doing okay with this weird transition to online learning...

harleebug

Day 2

We exited at International Gateway and headed over to Crews Cup at Yacht Club. For those who dont know, CC is our favorite spot at WDW. Not only for the atmosphere, which we both love, but also for the filet mignon cheeseburgers! C is about 99% vegetarian and there are only a few places that she will eat meat and CC is one of them. The service there is also second to none. Wes is one of the bartenders we have gotten to know over the last year and not only does he remember us, but him and his staff always make us feel like family.

Since we arrived right at opening we had the hole place to ourselves. We started of with a round of drinks of course. C has been really enjoying mules lately and she wanted to see what Was could concoct. He didnt let her down, lol. It was very strong.

View attachment 464763

We ordered the gourmet pretzel for an appetizer. Wes warned us it was big, but we had no idea.

View attachment 464770

Another round of drinks was up next. C wanted to try the Dales Pale Ale. She liked it enough to finish it.

View attachment 464764

And then, it was time for the main event!

View attachment 464765

View attachment 464766

A quick reminder of who is #1 before we dug in!

View attachment 464767

Worth the wait!!!

Up next, day 2 evening
I don’t recall the pretzel being mentioned when we were there...that looks amazing and a must do for the next trip!

Plowboy

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I can live vicariously through your trip report. We're supposed to be at WDW right now celebrating our 40th anniversary. Instead I'm at home building 100' of fence. Not quite the same. Hopefully our September trip doesn't fall through. (Crosses fingers). Belated happy birthday to C.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I can live vicariously through your trip report. We're supposed to be at WDW right now celebrating our 40th anniversary. Instead I'm at home building 100' of fence. Not quite the same. Hopefully our September trip doesn't fall through. (Crosses fingers). Happy belated birthday to C.
Thanks for following along. At least you'll have that fence built 🤪 but it sucks you had to miss your trip. I will try and be as detailed as possible with this for those looking for a fix! Cheers!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have been blessed to stay busy with work (dog training) during these crazy times but I took the day off (for C's birthday today) and Im up waaaaay before her so I figured it would be good time to crank this bad boy up! Now, lets dispense with the pleasantries and begin!

Yea, you're back!! :)

Happy to hear that your dog training business is still doing well. Interesting to note, I was watching a video from one our local news stations (MA), and it was about a woman who had a kennel, and she had a dog daycare business.

She's been busier now than ever before (and she only opened up the business last October). But now she's got a ton of medical, etc., clients that can relax, knowing that their dogs are being taken care of and watched over, while they have to go to work in hospitals, etc.

So, it's nice that the pet industry as a whole, is doing well, in spite of the pandemic. 🐶

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
When the 2 of you came into Gaston's Tavern and took the picture I was sitting off to the right eating a cinnamon bun. I wanted to say "hi" but I was too shy lol. Still thought it was cool to see some people from this site as I don't get to Disney World very often.
No way!! That's awesome. Next time you better speak up, or if you really want some good people watching, just follow us around and it won't be long before I do something ignorant that es off C and she will give me a good verbal lashing, lol. But if it's at Epcot, definitely speak up and let's have a beer...or three! It's not everyday you get to meet a fellow wdwmagic member. Glad we crossed paths.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom