Hardest part of planning?

eliza61nyc

What do you find the most frustrating part of planning a Disney vacation?
Is it the Fast pass selection process, making ADR's, picking park days? or some thing else.

We don't have any "must" do restaurants at the world so usually we concentrate on Fastpass selection. Once I get those, every thing else is gravy

Stellajack

Premium Member
With the FP tiers, it was frustrating when I made FPs. However, today I got an email from a crowd tracking site that showed that MK will have a crowd level of '3' for the day we plan to be there. If this holds, we probably will not even need FPs. We will take a wait and see attitude, but may decide to cancel FPs and take charge of our day.

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Is it the Fast pass selection process, making ADR's, picking park days? or some thing else.

We don't have any "must" do restaurants at the world so usually we concentrate on Fastpass selection. Once I get those, every thing else is gravy
It is the amount of planning required nowadays. I know you don't have to plan anything in theory but if you want to eat at a specific place or ride a certain ride you have to book it or no guarantee.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Trying to coordinate which park on which day of the week that matches up with which 3 FP+ we want and plan in which restaurant ADR that can also fit into the mix... all so far in advance, first at 180 days, then 60 days all without knowing what the crowd levels will be. I never knew I could juggle and coordinate all my balls in the air without dropping them but Ive gotten pretty proficient at it since Disney forced me to master it.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

Like you, we don't have many restaurants we want to eat at, so we concentrate on FP's.
The only frustrating thing for us is if Disney changes times when we have things fixed for what showed earlier. It's the unknown changes at the last minute that messes things up. But otherwise, the other things don't bother me so much.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
For me the only frustrating part is talking myself down from going more often because when I already have 2 trips planned for next year and my friend wants me to go a 3rd time with them its hard to say no but honestly I just don't think its in my budget.

I love picking which parks which days, booking ADR's, booking FP+ etc.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The hardest thing USED to be, knowing what and where I wanted to eat dinner 6 months in the future...
Now, we only book 2 TS dinners for the week, and add one or 2 when on property. Much easier

See when we decide where to eat first we have our favorite go to places that we know we definitely want to eat at while there and then we just look at menus and if there is something that appeals to everyone we know its not going to suddenly not appeal to us 6 months later as long as the menu has not changed.

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
With the FP tiers, it was frustrating when I made FPs. However, today I got an email from a crowd tracking site that showed that MK will have a crowd level of '3' for the day we plan to be there. If this holds, we probably will not even need FPs. We will take a wait and see attitude, but may decide to cancel FPs and take charge of our day.

Just keep in mind that crowd calendars are relative. 3 doesn't mean no crowds. It means level 3 crowds in relation to whatever hot mess passes for level 10 crowds these days.

Keep your fastpasses. Use them. And then pick up the extras. Because unless every ride is a walk on, that will save you a lot of time. And on the level 3 days we've been this year, very few rides were a legit walk on, but plenty of them still had day of fastpass availability

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
Just keep in mind that crowd calendars are relative. 3 doesn't mean no crowds. It means level 3 crowds in relation to whatever hot mess passes for level 10 crowds these days.

Keep your fastpasses. Use them. And then pick up the extras. Because unless every ride is a walk on, that will save you a lot of time. And on the level 3 days we've been this year, very few rides were a legit walk on, but plenty of them still had day of fastpass availability
Yes, we know what the crowd trackers do, but we have used these for the last 20 years.

Upvote 0

wedenterprises

I find planning so much work, but it's work I enjoy.

Dining reservations are definitely the most frustrating part especially when you have a large group. It's next to impossible.

FP+ is next. Why can't you book FP+ in more than one park?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I find Disney's one-sided expectations of ME to be frustrating. Disney expects me to plot out my park visits and select where I want to eat six months ahead of time, and know what attractions I want to Fastpass in which park(s) 2 months ahead of time.

Meanwhile, Disney dribbles out information about park hours, refurbishments and closures, restaurant openings, price increases, extra magic hours, private events, parties, and other details that can mess with my planning (e.g., early morning magic), at a far slower pace, and makes changes up until the last minute. So not only do I have to plan my vacation in advance, I have to re-plan, re-schedule, and modify it constantly to cope with the curveballs Disney keeps slinging my way. Moreover, I know that even if I do my best to find parks and days with lower crowds, Disney's going to mess with staffing to deliberately lower capacity and ensure that I won't get any benefit from it. When I work hard to plan a great vacation, I'd like to feel like Disney was my partner in that endeavor, not the enemy trying to outwit me and throw obstacles in my way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom