Happy tears from now on at Illuminations!

pintraderpayee

Original Poster
DS (19) is visually impaired (20/200 no correction possible) and for the last 6 years has had to listen to DH or myself narrate the show while DD(13) stood there and cried because her brother couldn't see it. Binocs and monocs didn't help in this case. Thank God for a device called Jordy's (named for the blind crew member on Star Trek TNG). They are AWESOME!! DS can strap on his Jordy's this year and get his "first" look at Illuminations! DD can cry now because the show is touching, not because DS can't see it:sohappy: So if y'all see a 6'2" blond 285lb. guy with a strange device on his head say hello! It's just our gentle giant!

39 days until we are Orlando bound with 21 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer:

Ella's Mommy

Thats AWSOME!!! Please share your story from that day with us when you get back:wave: I was going to say have a magical time, but I know your guys will:sohappy:

SpongeScott

DS (19) is visually impaired (20/200 no correction possible) and for the last 6 years has had to listen to DH or myself narrate the show while DD(13) stood there and cried because her brother couldn't see it. Binocs and monocs didn't help in this case. Thank God for a device called Jordy's (named for the blind crew member on Star Trek TNG). They are AWESOME!! DS can strap on his Jordy's this year and get his "first" look at Illuminations! DD can cry now because the show is touching, not because DS can't see it:sohappy: So if y'all see a 6'2" blond 285lb. guy with a strange device on his head say hello! It's just our gentle giant!

39 days until we are Orlando bound with 21 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer:
It's stories like this that keep WDW fresh for me. Thank you!

tigsmom

How very cool! I hope its all it promises to be.
hug.gif

Main Street USA

That's amazing! Please try to get some pics of this historic event in his life and share them with us. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who would love to see them!

SrcrersApprntce

I wish your DS the best!

Wow--technology is awesome!! My family and I will be in the World the first week of April, but I don't think it's going to compare to what your DS will experience. My DS is 9 and I believe EPCOT is his favourite, so we're looking forward to Illuminations as well.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom