News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

Squishy

I’m glad this has turned into basically an effects thread, so here’s my question.
During Enchantment, there are moving spotlights that pan over the crowd in the opening fanfare, and periodically move around throughout the show. They appear to be on the same light trees used during HEA, but for some reason I haven’t seen any videos with them moving since it returned. Were these lights added for Enchantment, or have they always been there and I never noticed?

These?
1710811348044.png

gerarar

Premium Member
I’m glad this has turned into basically an effects thread, so here’s my question.
During Enchantment, there are moving spotlights that pan over the crowd in the opening fanfare, and periodically move around throughout the show. They appear to be on the same light trees used during HEA, but for some reason I haven’t seen any videos with them moving since it returned. Were these lights added for Enchantment, or have they always been there and I never noticed?
They don't move at all during HEA. They just stay stagnant and light up various colors during the show to set the atmospheric mood.

Like during Mufasa's Remember Who You Are and Aladdin segment, they light up blue-ish purple.
1000010745.jpg

1000010742.jpg

The static spotlights at the top of the tree rigs don't get used much. Only during bright flashes like lightning during villians segment.
You can barely see them flash white in this gif.
1000010749.gif

That's why I hold of the opinion that DE had superior lightning usages around the hub...one of the few positives of DE lol.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
They don't move at all during HEA. They just stay stagnant and light up various colors during the show to set the atmospheric mood.

Like during Mufasa's Remember Who You Are and Aladdin segment, they light up blue-ish purple.
View attachment 773717
View attachment 773718

The static spotlights at the top of the tree rigs don't get used much. Only during bright flashes like lightning during villians segment.
View attachment 773719

That's why I hold of the opinion that DE had superior lightning usages around the hub...one of the few positives of DE lol.
Don't know why they don't add those for HEA since they added in the large spotlights again.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No

View attachment 773717
View attachment 773718

View attachment 773719

I wish they would take advantage of these lights that they added, and honestly wish they would add some on top of the Main Street buildings like at DL. The diamond effect at the beginning of Disneyland forever with all of the spotlights is really stunning, and I feel like that would make the show even better.

jrhwdw

Main Street's Projections seem to be turned off the past couple Nights..... Along with Main Street's Lasers/Castle Strobes......

JohnD

Main Street's Projections seem to be turned off the past couple Nights..... Along with Main Street's Lasers/Castle Strobes......
I find them to be a distraction anyway. When I saw the previous show, I was in the middle of Main Street and my head swiveled everywhere. I would rather be in the Castle hub or just in front of the train station so that my head isn't turning everywhere, just straight ahead.

jrhwdw

They're only allowed to have one show running at 100% at a time. It's luminous' turn
Honestly....

I don’t understand why Main Street's Lasers are so on and off...

As far as Main Street's Projections, I wonder what the average Guest thinks, The Projections were marketed when HEA returned.

TTA94

Honestly....

I don’t understand why Main Street's Lasers are so on and off...

As far as Main Street's Projections, I wonder what the average Guest thinks, The Projections were marketed when HEA returned.

Maybe unpopular opinion but I think MKs entertainment all around is in dire need of help. FoF is a disaster now a days, the cavalcade is Meh, HEA is still a good show but I wouldn’t say it’s mind blowing. HEA either needs an upgrade or a night parade to accompany it. Which I guess the latter is what’s in the plans.

SoFloMagic

Maybe unpopular opinion but I think MKs entertainment all around is in dire need of help. FoF is a disaster now a days, the cavalcade is Meh, HEA is still a good show but I wouldn’t say it’s mind blowing. HEA either needs an upgrade or a night parade to accompany it. Which I guess the latter is what’s in the plans.
Magic kingdom on the whole is in dire need of help

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom