Happily Ever After - Best viewing location

Ceejayzvan

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Magic Kingdom experts, I'm looking for your advice on the best viewing location to see the Happily Ever After fireworks. There will be four of us and it will be our first time seeing the fireworks. I would like to see both the projections and fireworks. I've read you can see all of that from the Hub, but that it's also very crowded. Also, how early should we scout out a spot? How long between the fireworks and the Kiss Goodnight? Your tips and advice is greatly appreciated!

MickeyLuv'r

You heard correct. the best place to see the fireworks and projections is the Hub, and yes it gets crowded.

Timing depends somewhat on when you are going (as in, what are MK crowd levels) and how particular you are regarding your viewing spot. Over say, Easter/peak spring break, the area will get so crowded, that CM's won't let you really even enter the area, even 40-30minutes before the show starts. They will open the backstage alley along Main Street, that comes out between The Plaza and the restrooms. Some (late arriving) folks watch the show from the end of that alley. On slower nights, you might be able to arrive moments before the show starts, and still find...a small spot, though most likely a less-than-prime spot partially obstructed by trees and or a trash can.

If it is very important to get a (near) prime spot, then many folks say an hour is wise, again- unless you are talking about prime college spring break/Easter. Those weeks, you need to allow more time. At the one hour mark, the area is likely to already be nearly full.

Mind, we aren't picky, and are willing to somewhat gamble....we usually arrive more like 40minutes before the show.

Admittedly, I haven't seen the Kiss God Night in some years. The Main Street shops stay open past park close. The Kiss, if it happens, happens, more or less- as the shops are closing. I say if, because the last few times I waited to see it, they didn't do it. Hopefully someone else has more recent/updated information, perhaps ask a CM that night. It is neat to see, but having seen it, I don't think - for us- it is worth the wait.

Last edited:

Rosanne

I really dont think there is any space that isnt crowded for the Castle Show. Some people may start lining up many hours before. I think the show starts at 8:00 pm. But, I"m sure others on this site will know exact time. I was there in early Dec before the kids went back to school and during the week. It was MOBBED. At one point we were surrounded by so many people with no way out, if there had been a fire there would have been mass stampede. I mentioned that here, that I was surprised that Fire Marshals allow this kind of crowd. However, the show is amazing.

Ceejayzvan

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
If it is very important to get a (near) prime spot, then many folks say an hour is wise, again- unless you are talking about prime college spring break/Easter. Those weeks, you need to allow more time. At the one hour mark, the area is likely to already be nearly full.

We'll be going at the end of June 2020. I've read different things about the crowd levels during that time of year. Moderate to heavy.

MattC

That time of year will be crowded.

Last week the wife and I grabbed a spot in the hub1 hour before show time. There were already hundreds of folks staking claim to spots. But, we were still able to get a good one. The MRS. is on the shorter side and we still managed a spot she could see the whole show.

MickeyLuv'r

We'll be going at the end of June 2020. I've read different things about the crowd levels during that time of year. Moderate to heavy.

That sound about right. You won't get Easter-level, but it won't be empty either. I don't trust crowd predictions websites...but for me, I can judge crowd levels by feel. For someone new to MK, judging crowd size would be harder.

If you are at MK on a Sunday- crowds are a bit lower. If a Saturday- crowds will be on the higher side. Look at the hours for the week. If you MK day is the one with the most hours- except higher crowds. If it is a shorter-hour day, crowds will be on the lower side, but always there's going to be some variability in day-to-day crowds and what each person calls a "good" viewing spot.

WEATHER is also always a very important factor! Ideally, if possible, allow at least 2 MK nights as options. Less-then-ideal weather = delays, but lower crowds. Nice weather= higher crowds.

Probably allow 60-70 minutes.

Avoid the Main Street Ice cream crazy lines, but you can maybe use that hour to eat a snack bought at almost any other place in the park.

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

We were there last week and started looking for a spot an hour ahead of time. The hub and Main St were absolutely mobbed. From the stage back to Walt statue (and ever spot all round), the ground was completely covered with people. We ended up off to the side of the hub. We had a perfect view of the castle but a nearby tree blocked some of the fireworks. This was most definitely the best spot we could get an hour out.
881936D2-DCD3-460E-A391-58AB77204025.jpeg

spectromagic04

My favorite places not on Main Street. Are in Fantasyland behind the Carousel and in front of Gastons Tavern. Another good spot is the bridge along Rivers of America in between Frontierland and Liberty Square looking over the Riverboat. All excellent areas if you don’t care about projections.

MattC

My favorite places not on Main Street. Are in Fantasyland behind the Carousel and in front of Gastons Tavern. Another good spot is the bridge along Rivers of America in between Frontierland and Liberty Square looking over the Riverboat. All excellent areas if you don’t care about projections.

Favorites of ours as well. Before the projections. :/

Rosanne

For me the projections are the best part of the show. The Fireworks are nice, but its the projections that dazzle me. Make sure you check park hours before you go. It there are Magic Hours you will not be able to stay late enough to see the show. You have to leave the park at 6:00pm which really sucks for passholders. You can pass extra to stay for Magic Hours, but its quite a bit of money in addition to the gate fee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom