Pre-Trip Happiest retirees in The World

Hi folks, after lots of encouragement and kind words from many magicians on here I have decided to do a trip report of our upcoming vacation.
When …. 5th September .. 7 nights Endless Summer Hotel Universal
12th September..14 nights POFQ ..WDW
Who ….My sister Christine. “C”. Myself. Gillan. “G”

Just a little backstory.
We started visiting WDW in 1980 and have enjoyed many trips over the years. We have also done the occasional trips to Disneyland Paris and Disneyland California but we feel much more at home in WDW. Our final visit was in 2008 as we then had other priorities being our ailing elderly parents. Between 2009 & 2013 we sadly lost both of them so we decided to wait until after our early retirement from our local hospital to have our next vacation to WDW as a retirement gift to ourselves.
We had to delay the visit 4 times because of you know what and will finally be arriving this September.
Reading all the trip reports on this great forum has helped us so much, especially with the changes that have taken place over the years ie : MDE app.
Once we return home from this fabulous vacation I will do a trip report.View attachment 729707This is us at Disneyland Paris. Christine to the right and me to the left.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 108

Wicked Sisters

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The Muppets Dancing GIF

So happy you decided to so this. Another fellow Brit following alomg - never managed to do a trip report. Last visit was Oct/Nov 2022 ( All Star Movies). Prior to this was 2 visits to POFQ, 2 to POR, 2 to ASM, and 1 to Carribean Beach. We love ❤️ POFQ and am sure you'll have a brilliant time. Enjoy retirement.:)
Welcome fellow Brit. We have always wanted to stay at POFQ and the only other Disney hotel we have stayed at is the Pop Century in 2008. After many years of staying on International Drive, staying on Disney property made us realise how ideal it is for non drivers like us.

Tiggertoo56

Welcome fellow Brit. We have always wanted to stay at POFQ and the only other Disney hotel we have stayed at is the Pop Century in 2008. After many years of staying on International Drive, staying on Disney property made us realise how ideal it is for non drivers like us.
We hired cars for the first few trips but for the last 3 have used tranfers to and from airport, Disney transportation and Uber if we wanted to go off site and never had any issues.

Wicked Sisters

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So excited that you started this TR already and I think you're handling it like a pro already! Can't wait to read about your adventures and get your impressions regarding the changes since you were there last.
And big ole congrats on retiring from the health care system!!!
Well Done Good Job GIF
Thank you so much for your kind words. We think we have got our heads round the Disney app now.
After me being in the NHS for 41 years and Christine 24 yrs we were ready for early retirement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom