Happiest City?

ellekae

I must say that outside of LBV, I did encounter quite a few rude people in Orlando...and the murder rate there is crazy! I think I might believe it...but I'm confused as to why New York is not higher than it is...

maelstrom

The angriest people I know are New Yorkers (and not just the city, either; I live an hour north and we're pretty angry up here).

I think most people don't realize that there's a big difference between Orlando and Lake Buena Vista. Mickey probably would never step foot in Orlando. :p

The angriest people I know are New Yorkers (and not just the city, either; I live an hour north and we're pretty angry up here).

I think most people don't realize that there's a big difference between Orlando and Lake Buena Vista. Mickey probably would never step foot in Orlando. :p

Just as you can't compare Orlando to Lake Buena Vista, I don't think you can compare Manhattan to areas an hour north or, where I live, an hour east.

New Yorkers have a fast pace, respect personal body space, and want to go about their business. One on one, however, they are helpful, friendly, and just living in a "town" that's slightly different from suburbia. The neighborhoods of New York cannot be compared to the mid-town, business area. The upper west side, the upper east side, the village, chelsea, all have a neighborhood feeling and the people are really friendly.

I guess we could all find the rudeness in our local areas. Long Island doesn't qualify as a "city" because it's comprised of hundreds of towns, but grouped together, it's not nearly as nice as Manhattan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom