Happier Cast Members?

MaxPower

Original Poster
Just got back from a 1 day stay at the Beach Club Villas (just passing through from our way further south) and noticed that the CMs seemed to be in better spirits and more helpful than they've been in over the last few years.

When passing through hallways I got a good morning or good evening from just about every cast member I encountered, regardless of rank.

Didn't have time to get to the parks, but went to AKL and had dinner at Boma and they were happier/more helpful there too. Even the guards at the resort guardhouses seemed to be happier and more conversational.

Has anyone else noticed this? Could this be the result of the recent management change?

MKCustodial

Well, if this is actually happening and is not just coincidence, then maybe the Disney gods (or the people from Casting) have finally listened. It was about time they realized that, if you want good Disney magic service, you need to hire Disney magic CMs.

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
I just wore a shirt that had Osama's picture on it that said Wanted Dead Not Alive. Not only did I get hellos from nearly every guest and CM, I got high fives from almost every CM from the MK to MGM. :lol:

Granted, that trip was Oct. 2001.

CREEKWAYNE

I am not sure but I will let you all know on my trip report. I leave in 11 days!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :wave:

I hope it is true because they have been hurting in some places in the park as of late!:(

wishiwere@wdw

We just got back and I tend to agree with you. For the most part (other than a few disgruntled bus drivers), everybody was much happier than usual. Of course, I think our 6month old attracted some attention. (mostly from the women:) ) We were very happy with our trip and we found ourselves being kinder to everybody and less frustrated with the crowds.

dreamer

There's one thing I can't figure out

When I'm in a bad mood so is everyone else and when I'm in a good mood everyone is so nice and sweet. I even noticed this at Disney World and wondered how they all knew what kind of mood I was in. I assume Disney magic.

:D :wave: :D

ToTBellHop

We call that "human nature". Your mood rubs off on everyone else, that's why "a bad day keeps getting worse" and a "good day keeps getting better". Usually....then you have those freaky days but regardless...how can you be in a bad mood at Disney?! Well...maybe if you have four year olds...or any siblings...but then, go off and explore alone! I do that and you always get more done alone or in a small group than in a larger group. Regardless, while Cast Members have always been great, I can say that with increasing tendency, I have run into nicer Cast Members at food service, where they used to be jerks who didn't speak English, now more and more of them are great to everyone...like this one lady....put some "special touches" on my brownie sundae...extra whipped cream and such...I was THRILLED!!!!

Imagineer Jer

Originally posted by MaxPower
Just got back from a 1 day stay at the Beach Club Villas (just passing through from our way further south) and noticed that the CMs seemed to be in better spirits and more helpful than they've been in over the last few years.

When passing through hallways I got a good morning or good evening from just about every cast member I encountered, regardless of rank.

Didn't have time to get to the parks, but went to AKL and had dinner at Boma and they were happier/more helpful there too. Even the guards at the resort guardhouses seemed to be happier and more conversational.

Has anyone else noticed this? Could this be the result of the recent management change?

Hey!
Well I am glad to here that news! It seems like every cast member who stops and talks here, in this disscussion forum thing, is ed off or will just refuse to listen to anything that us "non disney people" have to say. I am not saying it about all the cast members, but most of them. So I hope they are in a better mood.

wed050499

Re: Re: Happier Cast Members?

Originally posted by Imagineer Jer
Hey!
Well I am glad to here that news! It seems like every cast member who stops and talks here, in this disscussion forum thing, is ed off or will just refuse to listen to anything that us "non disney people" have to say. I am not saying it about all the cast members, but most of them. So I hope they are in a better mood.

Hello all,

I am always more than happy to here what our guests have to say and even happier to let my managers know how we can improve ourselves or answer questions. I love hearing that you all think we're doing a better job. It really makes my day.

Have a magical day everyone!
Brian

PuertoRekinSam

I've got to agree with Brian on this one. As much as we would like to pretend we know everything that is going on in our company, sometimes, we know just about as much as you do. However, I do enjoy reading what guest and fellow CMs alike are thinking. Without the guest there is no reasons for castmembers, and with out quality castmembers there will be no guest, we live in Symbiosis. (not the old land movie) On my days off when I go to the parks, I'm a guest, and I want to be treated with kindness and respect, so I try to do the same to the guest I interact with as well. I hope we can continue to improve your future visits in to our home.

wed050499

Originally posted by PuertoRekinSam
I've got to agree with Brian on this one. As much as we would like to pretend we know everything that is going on in our company, sometimes, we know just about as much as you do. However, I do enjoy reading what guest and fellow CMs alike are thinking. Without the guest there is no reasons for castmembers, and with out quality castmembers there will be no guest, we live in Symbiosis. (not the old land movie) On my days off when I go to the parks, I'm a guest, and I want to be treated with kindness and respect, so I try to do the same to the guest I interact with as well. I hope we can continue to improve your future visits in to our home.

Very well said! thank you.

Brian

dreamer

Re: Re: Happier Cast Members?

Originally posted by Imagineer Jer
Hey!
... It seems like every cast member who stops and talks here, in this disscussion forum thing, is ed off or will just refuse to listen to anything that us "non disney people" have to say. I am not saying it about all the cast members, but most of them. ...

I disagree.

But then I'm in a good mood today. Ask me tomorrow and who knows!! They're all #&*$$es when I'm in a bad mood.

:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom