Handling FastPass+ Disappointment

FinePhotoGraphx

Original Poster
Our family has not been to Walt Disney World in 4-5 years. Today is 60 days out from our resort stay so we tried to book FastPass+. We were disappointed, angered really that many of the key attractions were not available. For instance, we started booking passes for Epcot and saw Frozen Ever After as a choice initially, but we booked another one first. When the page refreshed to make another reservation, literally for Morning, Afternoon or Evening there were no more options for Frozen Ever After, it was gone!

I know that doesn't mean we won't experience the attraction, but 60 days out for a trip in January we can't even get a FastPass+ for it?

So what do you do, risk losing one of your other guaranteed FastPass+ reservations hoping Frozen Ever After might open up? That seems risky because it would be super easy to lose the other one. I thought when FastPass+ first came out you could see what other options were available, but apparently now you can't until you sacrifice an existing reservation.

Not feeling the magic. Thanks for any tips or ideas.

Rob562

Our family has not been to Walt Disney World in 4-5 years. Today is 60 days out from our resort stay so we tried to book FastPass+. We were disappointed, angered really that many of the key attractions were not available. For instance, we started booking passes for Epcot and saw Frozen Ever After as a choice initially, but we booked another one first. When the page refreshed to make another reservation, literally for Morning, Afternoon or Evening there were no more options for Frozen Ever After, it was gone!

I know that doesn't mean we won't experience the attraction, but 60 days out for a trip in January we can't even get a FastPass+ for it?

So what do you do, risk losing one of your other guaranteed FastPass+ reservations hoping Frozen Ever After might open up? That seems risky because it would be super easy to lose the other one. I thought when FastPass+ first came out you could see what other options were available, but apparently now you can't until you sacrifice an existing reservation.

Not feeling the magic. Thanks for any tips or ideas.

What was your first FP? Are you aware of the attraction tiers in the parks? If, for example, you booked FPs for Soarin, that's your Tier 1 choice. You'd be blocked from pre-booking Frozen that day. It's not that they're necessarily all booked up.

-Rob

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Let me guess you booked another tier 1?
You can only book 1 tier 1 so that's why FEA was no longer an option. (It even says choose ONE from these and then after you do it will say pick TWO from these)
When FP+ first started (in 2013) you had to be in the park to do it.
Now you get to book 3 per day on your ticket ahead of time to secure them. And then you can get one more at a time the day of after you use those 3.
If you go to modify your tier 1 you should be able to see other tier 1 optsion.
After you have used your tier 1 and both tier 2 selections then you can look for another tier 1.
Personally at EPCOT I RD TT, FP+ FEA, and can usually find a Soarin' for later in the day after I've used my first 3 FP's.

Last edited:

FinePhotoGraphx

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for reminding me about the tiers. What is weird is neither the website nor the app (that we can see) reminds you or notifies you you are picking a Tier 1. Sure enough, we found one of the two "Change" links in the app for Soarin' and a Frozen Ever After came up as a possible replacement. We would not have found this without your help. Thanks. We'll do Soarin' first thing instead since that day is EMH for Epcot and we try to be their before rope drop.

Last edited:

DisneyDaver

What couldn't you get? Other than FOP, SDD and 7DMT, all the other attractions are usually available at 60 days out.

Also, you should search for the toughest to get FP attractions first when you log on to MDE at 7 am at 60 days out (instead of going by day or park).

BoarderPhreak

Frozen does fill up very quickly (as does Soarin' and Test Track). Honestly can't tell you why, though. I guess there's still a Frozen4eva fan club contingent.

bubbles1812

Well, there is that. But it's been a "sold out show" since it debuted. You'd think it would've waned a bit, at least until Frozen II was announced. 🤷‍♂️
Hate to break it to you but sometimes people just like the ride... and the movies... even when they are 30 and 60+ ;)

(Sorry, I know you posted this many days ago. I was just amused and wanted to tease a bit. It’s my mom‘s favorite ride in Epcot. And I like it a lot. Different strokes for different folks, eh?)

BoarderPhreak

Hate to break it to you but sometimes people just like the ride... and the movies... even when they are 30 and 60+ ;)

(Sorry, I know you posted this many days ago. I was just amused and wanted to tease a bit. It’s my mom‘s favorite ride in Epcot. And I like it a lot. Different strokes for different folks, eh?)
Fair enough... But I'm also old enough to miss Maelstrom. 😉

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Having never used FP+ is there a time-tested strategy for best practice at 60 days out?
You can book starting at 7am eastern 60 days out if staying onsite.
It's usually best to give priority to the most popular attractions as ns then fill in the rest.
Although sometimes I just go day by day instead of jumping around.

nickys

Premium Member
Having never used FP+ is there a time-tested strategy for best practice at 60 days out?

Make sure you know what rides are in each tier for Epcot, DHS and AK.

If you want to get Slinky or FoP, make DHS and AK your days 3&4 or later if possible. Start with them. Book around them. Same for 7dwarves, get that one and plan around it.

Get whatever times you can, take a note of each time (so you know whether you can choose 11:05 or 11:15 for the next one).
You can go back in later and modify to try to get a better time.

TPSou

Usually you can get fastpasses for everything on the day except for SDD and FoP, you just need to keep refreshing. Me and my wife don't have kids so it might be easier that it's just the two of us, but even on Christmas Day this year we had fast passes booked for Seven Dwarves, Jingle Cruise and Big Thunder, but then across the day we got them for Tower of Terror, Safari, Star Tours, Frozen, Soarin', and Spaceship Earth.

One sneaky tip we did in the Summer was that if we couldn't pre-book a fast pass for any rides we wanted but still had one left, we'd book it for an outdoor ride at 1 or 2pm. Something like Barnstormer or Primeval Whirl, they inevitably go down at some point during that due to a thunderstorm and you get a fastpass to use on any of the non-Tier 1 rides. In Magic Kingdom that's great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom