Handicap Room Request at OKW

Jennabean

Original Poster
Hi All!

I'll be staying at OKW in a few weeks! However, recently one of the members of our party broke her ankle and will be using an ECV during the trip and will need a handicap accessible shower as well. Because we didn't expect this, we didn't book an accessible room when we made our reservation but I already called Member Services to put in the request and they also suggested I call the resort 5 days before check-in to make the request again. But I just checked online and saw that there were no more accessible rooms available at OKW during our trip. Has anyone been in a similar situation before and know what we should be able to expect when we check in? Thanks in advance!

correcaminos

Hi All!

I'll be staying at OKW in a few weeks! However, recently one of the members of our party broke her ankle and will be using an ECV during the trip and will need a handicap accessible shower as well. Because we didn't expect this, we didn't book an accessible room when we made our reservation but I already called Member Services to put in the request and they also suggested I call the resort 5 days before check-in to make the request again. But I just checked online and saw that there were no more accessible rooms available at OKW during our trip. Has anyone been in a similar situation before and know what we should be able to expect when we check in? Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately no. The best you can do is make the request and hope for the best since you are so short out in time. Only other thing I can think of is look at other resorts to see if anything is available. Also maybe prepare by looking into suction cup handles or shower chairs and the like.

Cruella2222

Hi All!

I would call the resort directly 7 days out as well.they will still tell you that there is no guarantee
The only sure way is if you change resv to new resort like previous poster stated

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom